23 November 2009
A champion of the fight against hunger, former Ghanaian President John Kufuor, has just visited a remote Kenyan village to see how school meals are helping to secure an education for children from even the poorest families.
20 July 2009
Ghana’s former president John Kufuor is to lead WFP’s effort to fight hunger among schoolchildren around the world. He joins an elite team of celebrities, sportsmen and statesmen who advocate on behalf of the world’s poorest and hungriest people.
11 June 2009
Poor households all over the developing world are eating fewer and less nutritious meals and many are cutting back on healthcare and schooling for children, according to new WFP research on the effects of the financial crisis. Read WFP call to G8 ministers
5 April 2009
Poor farmers in Ghana harvest too little to feed their families, let alone to build lasting food security. A collaboration between WFP and Care International means they can plant more seeds and still have enough food for their families while they wait for the harvest.
26 January 2009
5 January 2009
Lisa Biederlack, from WFP’s Food Security Analysis division, was recently in some of the remotest areas of Ghana to coordinate a survey about the population's access to food. In this article Lisa explains exactly what that involved.
12 December 2007
Carla Van Kampen decided to combine her love of food and experience as a journalist with her work at WFP to write a cook book of recipes from WFP’s field offices. The result is "What the World Eats: A Collection of Everyday Recipes from the United Nations World Food Programme".
19 September 2007
From West to East, some 1.5 million people have been caught in Africa's worst floods in decades. Use our quick guide to see how WFP is responding, region by region, country by country.
14 September 2007
The means exist to cut by half the number of hungry people in the world; what is needed is greater political will in both beneficiary and donor countries, according to WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran in an interview with eJournal USA.
- WFP presents equipment to smallholder farmers Source: Ghana web
- WFP provides small-holder farmers with technical assistance Source: Ghanaweb (Ghana)
- Ghana: Women Rice Farmers Partner for New Opportunities Source: All Africa / US Department of State
- WFP BUILDS BRIDGE BETWEEN HUNGER AND HOPE Source: Accra Daily Mail (Ghana)
- Kufuor to pick World Food award today Source: Citifmonline (Ghana)
- 26 June 2012 Girls Scholarship Ceremony in northern Ghana
- 18 April 2012 WFP Hands Over Equipment to Farmers in Northern Ghana
- 4 November 2011 P4P Ghana