16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
30 December 2005
With a contribution of a 4 million euros from the European Commission Humanitarian Office (ECHO) for Pakistan, the European Commission (EC) provides its largest contribution since 1992 – some 214 million euros - to WFP operations around the globe in its effort to save lives and feed the hungry poor.
28 December 2005
The Executive Director of WFP, James Morris, describes 2005 as the most challenging year the humanitarian aid world has faced since World War II, but also warns that the New Year will undoubtedly bring further emergencies and even greater demands on donors.
10 December 2005
With the full picture of devastation in the wake of Hurricane Stan yet to emerge across Central America, WFP is today providing urgently needed food to assist thousands of affected families in Guatemala.
28 November 2005
WFP has congratulated its newest Ambassador against Hunger, Brazilian and Barcelona star Ronaldinho on winning one of soccer’s most prestigious prizes – the 50th European Player of the Year award.
11 November 2005
WFP repeats an urgent appeal to donors to help feed an estimated 285,000 victims of Hurricane Stan, warning that they are confronting a severe hunger crisis as early as this Christmas.
27 October 2005
19 October 2005
5 September 2005
Geneva WFP Executive Director James Morris calls on members of the World Trade Organization (WTO) to recognise the importance of food aid and support it as they negotiate agricultural trade reform.
- Poor people have got a right to be angry Source: The Guardian
- 72 tonnes of food aid for quake-struck Guatemala: WFP Source: Reliefweb
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- New tropical storm forming in rain-soaked Central America Source: Xinhua
- Guatemalan government might enact national food emergency Source: The Guatemala Times
- 18 December 2013 Canadian Ambassador Visits P4P Projects