27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
4 October 2006
On 5th October 2005, Hurricane Stan raged across Guatemala leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. Its consequences have since become one of the many silent emergencies around the world, writes Elizabeth Sagastume.
24 February 2006
Guatemala is slowly getting back on its feet after the devastation inflicted by Hurricane Stan last November. A group of community women seek opportunities and a future in its aftermath.
22 November 2005
WFP welcomes a contribution from the Government of Japan of US$200,000 to the agency’s emergency operation to feed the victims in Guatemala hit by Hurricane Stan.
24 October 2005
20 October 2005
14 October 2005
Despite continuing bad weather in the wake of Hurricane Stan, WFP food aid is reaching some 87,000 families in Guatemala and 77 beneficiaries in El Salvador ...
10 October 2005
Floods and landslides in the wake of Hurricane Stan, combined with an earthquake off the coast of El Salvador as well as a volcano, have killed at least 617 people throughout Central America and Mexico.
- Canada, Guatemala Partner on Zero Hunger Pact Source: 1000 days.
- Poor people have got a right to be angry Source: The Guardian
- 72 tonnes of food aid for quake-struck Guatemala: WFP Source: Reliefweb
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Guatemalan government might enact national food emergency Source: The Guatemala Times
- 22 August 2014 Guatemala: A Story of Resilience