15 April 2009
Eighteen months ago Juan Coj Soc’s son left his poverty-stricken community in Guatemala and found work in California. For a time he sent money home regularly and all seemed well. Then the economic crisis started to bite...
6 March 2009
Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, droughts… nothing anyone can do will prevent them. But a lot can be done to reduce their impact – especially if there’s an early warning.
17 December 2008
Gregoria Sanchez, 20, stands waiting with her two children to receive her monthly ration of a fortified maize-soy meal called VitaCereal. Gregoria has come to this isolated distribution point, several miles walk from her home, because she knows this stuff makes a difference. She only has to look at her children.
16 December 2008
Silvia Ponce didn't expect to be arguing with a dozen machete-wielding men just weeks after taking a job as a nutritionist with the World Food Programme in Guatemala. But all in all, it wasn't a bad experience, she says.
27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
4 October 2006
On 5th October 2005, Hurricane Stan raged across Guatemala leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. Its consequences have since become one of the many silent emergencies around the world, writes Elizabeth Sagastume.
24 February 2006
Guatemala is slowly getting back on its feet after the devastation inflicted by Hurricane Stan last November. A group of community women seek opportunities and a future in its aftermath.
22 November 2005
WFP welcomes a contribution from the Government of Japan of US$200,000 to the agency’s emergency operation to feed the victims in Guatemala hit by Hurricane Stan.
24 October 2005
20 October 2005
- Canada, Guatemala Partner on Zero Hunger Pact Source: 1000 days.
- Poor people have got a right to be angry Source: The Guardian
- 72 tonnes of food aid for quake-struck Guatemala: WFP Source: Reliefweb
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Guatemalan government might enact national food emergency Source: The Guatemala Times
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- 22 August 2014 Guatemala: A Story of Resilience