15 August 2014
BISSAU – The World Food Programme (WFP) is joining other organizations and agencies around the globe in advance of World Humanitarian Day on 19 August to bring attention to the heroes who risk their lives every day to help people in need.
28 February 2014
On 28 February 2014, in Bissau, Ambassador Joaquín González-Ducay, Head of the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Guinea-Bissau, and Mr. Ussama Osman, Country Director and Representative of the World Food Programme (WFP), participated in a signing ceremony to recognize a contribution agreement for the amount of 5 million Euro (about USD 6.8 million) in the framework of the implementation of the programme "Integrated Actions in Nutrition and Agricultural Development" (UE-AINDA).
10 October 2011
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has received a donation of 59 metric tons of dates from Saudi Arabia worth more than US$ 233,000 to support vulnerable people in Guinea-Bissau.
16 May 2011
BISSAU – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has begun moving around a million books to almost 1,000 Guinea-Bissau schools on behalf of the UN children’s agency, UNICEF.
7 January 2011
Bissau – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has today announced a renewed commitment to raising levels of nutrition and increasing access to education in Guinea-Bissau. It has extended its post-conflict relief and recovery operation through the end of 2011 at a cost of US$8 million.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
- Hunger warning for Guinea-Bissau as cashew price dips Source: IRIN News
- Urgent food aid to G.Bissau stalled due to lacking funds: UN Source: Global Post
- Gender Innovation Fund Supports Women Farmers in Guinea-Bissau Source: Alertnet
- Guinea-Bissau: Falling through the assistance cracks? Source: IRIN
- Seasonal Monitor
- West Africa and the Sahel - Food Security and Humanitarian Implications, 2014
- ON WORLD FOOD DAY, UN WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS PROGRESS TOWARDS ZERO HUNGER EVEN AS MULTIPLE EMERGENCIES FLARE
- Guinea Bissau PRRO 200526 Nutrition and livelihoods support to the vulnerable population: A mid-term Operation Evaluation
- 3 April 2013 WFP Nutrition Activities In Guinea-Bissau