19 March 2007
WFP has welcomed an announcement by the Government of Japan that it intends to donate US$5.7 million (JPY 670 million) to assist more than 1.5 million chronically hungry people in three of Africa’s least developed countries: Somalia, Guinea, and Sao Tome and Principe.
1 March 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
23 February 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these crisis hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
19 February 2007
WFP has thanked the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for a US$1 million donation to its operations in Guinea, where humanitarian needs have been accentuated as a result of the current unrestthat comes at a time when many people are struggling with loss of income and growing poverty rates.
14 February 2007
From Afghanistan to Haiti, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these crisis hotspots with WFP's operation update.
8 December 2006
WFP helped feed victims throughout Sierra Leone's long-running civil war and it is contributing to recovery. Hilary Heuler looks at WFP operations in this west African country.
4 October 2005
WFP welcomes a donation of US$1.8 million by the Government of Turkey that has been earmarked for six West African countries, all in urgent need of food aid.
- Japan gives Guinea US$5.8 million for health Source: Afrique En Ligne
- GUINEA: Climbing out of the donor funding gap Source: IRIN
- UN to Shutdown Critical Air Service to West Africa Source: VOA News (USA)
- Guinea’s humanitarian flights may be grounded Source: Afrol News
- Guinea: Child malnutrition - moving beyond stop-gaps Source: IRIN
- 14 October 2014 Ebola Crisis: WFP Provides Support Across Guinea