8 July 2010
Port-au-Prince– Six months after the devastating earthquake that struck Haiti, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has moved towards supporting long-term recovery, and building a strong nutritional foundation for the future of all Haitians.
18 June 2010
This week Haitians in Jacmel who have been clearing rubble, installing drainage and making other community improvements are receiving cash and food wages as part of WFP’s new food and cash for work programmes. For most people these are the first wages they’ve earned since the earthquake struck on January 12.
3 June 2010
PORT AU PRINCE – As the hurricane season officially opens, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today outlined emergency readiness plans to help Haiti meet the challenges of potentially devastating rains and tropical storms.
14 May 2010
PORT AU PRINCE - Christina Aguilera went straight to work in her new role as Ambassador Against Hunger of the World Food Programme (WFP), by visiting Haiti earlier this week.
13 May 2010
10 May 2010
PORT-AU-PRINCE – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Josette Sheeran, will begin a two day visit to Haiti on Tuesday 11 May to see how WFP is supporting the long term recovery and food security of the Haitian people.
30 March 2010
Port au Prince – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said today that Haiti’s human capital will have a major role to play in providing safety nets for the most vulnerable, boosting local agriculture production and supporting local markets throughout the entire country in the aftermath of the recent devastating earthquake.
12 February 2010
ROME – The heads of the three United Nations Rome-based agencies announced the establishment of a Task Force for Food Security in Haiti. The Task Force will support the government of Haiti in the implementation of a concerted, coherent and targeted, immediate and longer-term food security strategy that integrates agricultural production, and social safety nets.
12 February 2010
ROME – One month after a devastating earthquake shattered the lives of millions in Haiti, the World Food Programme (WFP) is partnering with the Haitian government to roll out an urgent early recovery strategy for the millions affected by the disaster by using food and cash to empower local populations to rebuild their lives.
5 February 2010
ROME - On the one month anniversary of the devastating earthquake in Haiti, the Haitian Agriculture Minister Joanas Gue will convene a high level meeting to discuss the country’s medium and long-term agricultural development, food security and nutrition planning process.
- Aid workers distribute food in Haiti as nation struggles with drought Source: The Toronto Star
- Canadian Development Minister Paradis visits Haiti To Assess Progress And Challenges Source: Foreign Affairs
- Feeding Haiti: A new menu Source: The Economist
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis - WFP Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis – WFP Source: Reuters
- 7 February 2014 Swiss Ambassador to Haiti Visits WFP Cash for Assets Project
- 16 January 2014 Haiti School Meals: Feeding Futures and Nourishing Minds
- 28 November 2013 Haiti: UNASUR Pledges an Extra $250.000 for School Feeding
- 26 September 2013 Hungry Planet: Episode 30