3 February 2010
ROME - United Nations World Food Programme Executive Director Josette Sheeran today thanked the world for generosity and compassion for the people of Haiti, with donors -- ranging from governments to companies and even internet gamers -- raising almost US$230 million in cash and donating valuable goods and services.
30 January 2010
"This distribution system will not only allow us to reach more people, it will give us the qualitative step we need to facilitate the delivery of all kinds of humanitarian assistance in the weeks and months to come. The 16 fixed sites are an important step towards food stability." WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran
24 January 2010
Stranded Jordanians, Palestinians, and Syrians brought back home from Port-au-Prince.
23 January 2010
Words cannot describe the devastation that has been wrought on Haiti by the January 12 earthquake. Parts of the capital Port-au-Prince look worse than many war zones. After two days in the city, I have seen the depth of grief and the massive needs the quake has left in its wake.
20 January 2010
ROME – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Josette Sheeran, will travel to Port-au-Prince, Haiti on Thursday to assess the situation on the ground following last week’s devastating earthquake.
18 January 2010
In the week since the earthquake struck Haiti, more than 250,000 ready-to-eat food rations have been distributed by the United Nations World Food Programme and the U.S. military. WFP is streaming humanitarian assistance into Haiti, opening up air, sea and land corridors, and rehabilitating emergency telecommunications systems for the entire humanitarian community
18 January 2010
ROME – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Josette Sheeran, will host a global teleconference today, Monday, at 15:00 GMT (16:00 Rome time) to brief media about WFP’s humanitarian response to assist the millions of Haitians whose lives have been devastated by last week’s earthquake.
16 January 2010
PORT-AU-PRINCE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is appealing for US$279 million to feed 2 million people and provide logistical support for a 6-month Emergency Operation in response to the devastating earthquake in Haiti.
13 January 2010
The World Food Programme (WFP) is deeply saddened by the loss of life and widespread destruction in Haiti and we are mobilising all available resources to provide urgently needed food assistance as part of a swift and coordinated recovery effort.
2 February 2009
- Aid workers distribute food in Haiti as nation struggles with drought Source: The Toronto Star
- Canadian Development Minister Paradis visits Haiti To Assess Progress And Challenges Source: Foreign Affairs
- Feeding Haiti: A new menu Source: The Economist
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis - WFP Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis – WFP Source: Reuters
- 7 February 2014 Swiss Ambassador to Haiti Visits WFP Cash for Assets Project
- 16 January 2014 Haiti School Meals: Feeding Futures and Nourishing Minds
- 28 November 2013 Haiti: UNASUR Pledges an Extra $250.000 for School Feeding
- 26 September 2013 Hungry Planet: Episode 30