20 January 2010
ROME – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Josette Sheeran, will travel to Port-au-Prince, Haiti on Thursday to assess the situation on the ground following last week’s devastating earthquake.
18 January 2010
In the week since the earthquake struck Haiti, more than 250,000 ready-to-eat food rations have been distributed by the United Nations World Food Programme and the U.S. military. WFP is streaming humanitarian assistance into Haiti, opening up air, sea and land corridors, and rehabilitating emergency telecommunications systems for the entire humanitarian community
18 January 2010
ROME – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Josette Sheeran, will host a global teleconference today, Monday, at 15:00 GMT (16:00 Rome time) to brief media about WFP’s humanitarian response to assist the millions of Haitians whose lives have been devastated by last week’s earthquake.
16 January 2010
PORT-AU-PRINCE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is appealing for US$279 million to feed 2 million people and provide logistical support for a 6-month Emergency Operation in response to the devastating earthquake in Haiti.
13 January 2010
The World Food Programme (WFP) is deeply saddened by the loss of life and widespread destruction in Haiti and we are mobilising all available resources to provide urgently needed food assistance as part of a swift and coordinated recovery effort.
2 February 2009
27 September 2008
WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran today called on donor nations to fully fund urgent hunger needs and infrastructure rehabilitation in Haiti, which has been ravaged by a succession of tropical storms.
16 September 2008
The amount of food being sent to tens of thousands of people on the storm-ravaged island of Haiti has tripled over the past week as the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has accelerated its hurricane response.
29 August 2008
WFP has begun feeding some of the estimated 6,000 displaced by deadly Hurricane Gustav in southern Haiti, where communities remain out of reach because of damaged roads and bridges.
4 July 2008
WFP has reiterated its appeal to the international community for urgent funds to support its operations in Haiti, the western hemisphere’s poorest country, following the deaths of four people in two days of rioting over rising food prices.
- Sustainable Ecological Business Development in Haiti Source: Huffington Post
- Drought and tropical storms hinder food supply in Haiti, UN says Source: UN News Centre
- Haiti still struggling three years after quake Source: Reuters
- Progress is made in helping Haiti recover from 2010 earthquake Source: UN Multimedia
- Haiti's rising food insecurity risks social tension, says FAO Source: Reuters
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 21 December 2012 Hurricane Sandy Brings Hardship for Haitian Families
- 21 December 2012 Haiti: “When the Bell Rings, It’s Like a Traffic Jam”
- 20 December 2012 3 Years After the Earthquake, a Clinic is Making a Big Difference