7 February 2008
WFP is rapidly expanding operations in Haiti, reaching more hungry people thanks to a US$23 million allocation from funds raised through the organisation’s high food price appeal.
9 January 2008
UNICEF and WFP are joining forces to bring life-saving assistance to thousands of people living in temporary shelters in Haiti after deadly Hurricane Gustav pounded the country, destroying livelihoods, homes, livestock and crops.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
11 June 2007
A United Nations World Food Programme truck convoy carrying enough ready-to-eat meals to feed 70,000 people over five days is on its way from WFP’s emergency hub in El Salvador to the Mexican state of Tabasco, which has been devastated by massive floods.
1 April 2007
The Pyrenees Principality of Andorra, one of the smallest countries in Europe, emerged in 2006 as one of the fastest growing donors to WFP, more than trebling its contribution to US$109,000 from US$32,000 the previous year.
11 February 2007
WFP airlifted ten metric tons of ready-to-eat food today from its emergency hub in Barbados to help assist 20,000 victims of Tropical Storm “Noel”.
29 November 2006
With the support of WFP, the internationally renowned hip-hop artist Wyclef Jean is has convened the Yéle Fest – a one-week event that will use culture and the arts to engage Haitian youth in exploring ways to boost sustainable development in Haiti.
14 November 2005
WFP and Wyclef Jean announce new joint food distribution programme in two of the Haitian capital’s most violent and vulnerable neighbourhoods.
3 November 2005
Port-au-Prince When the 1,588 women at the distribution points of Desronvilles and Acifa walk away with their bags of rice, beans and corn meal on 14 March, it will mark the end of WFP Haiti\'s large-scale emergency operation to feed the victims of the Gonaives floods.
- Sustainable Ecological Business Development in Haiti Source: Huffington Post
- Drought and tropical storms hinder food supply in Haiti, UN says Source: UN News Centre
- Haiti still struggling three years after quake Source: Reuters
- Progress is made in helping Haiti recover from 2010 earthquake Source: UN Multimedia
- Haiti's rising food insecurity risks social tension, says FAO Source: Reuters
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 21 December 2012 Hurricane Sandy Brings Hardship for Haitian Families
- 21 December 2012 Haiti: “When the Bell Rings, It’s Like a Traffic Jam”
- 20 December 2012 3 Years After the Earthquake, a Clinic is Making a Big Difference