27 September 2008
WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran today called on donor nations to fully fund urgent hunger needs and infrastructure rehabilitation in Haiti, which has been ravaged by a succession of tropical storms.
16 September 2008
The amount of food being sent to tens of thousands of people on the storm-ravaged island of Haiti has tripled over the past week as the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has accelerated its hurricane response.
29 August 2008
WFP has begun feeding some of the estimated 6,000 displaced by deadly Hurricane Gustav in southern Haiti, where communities remain out of reach because of damaged roads and bridges.
4 July 2008
WFP has reiterated its appeal to the international community for urgent funds to support its operations in Haiti, the western hemisphere’s poorest country, following the deaths of four people in two days of rioting over rising food prices.
9 May 2008
WFP is battling the elements to bring a lifeline to Haitian families hit by the impact of successive deadly storms, which have displaced hundreds of thousands of people and destroyed scores of homes and plantations.
7 February 2008
WFP is rapidly expanding operations in Haiti, reaching more hungry people thanks to a US$23 million allocation from funds raised through the organisation’s high food price appeal.
9 January 2008
UNICEF and WFP are joining forces to bring life-saving assistance to thousands of people living in temporary shelters in Haiti after deadly Hurricane Gustav pounded the country, destroying livelihoods, homes, livestock and crops.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
11 June 2007
A United Nations World Food Programme truck convoy carrying enough ready-to-eat meals to feed 70,000 people over five days is on its way from WFP’s emergency hub in El Salvador to the Mexican state of Tabasco, which has been devastated by massive floods.
- Canadian Development Minister Paradis visits Haiti To Assess Progress And Challenges Source: Foreign Affairs
- Feeding Haiti: A new menu Source: The Economist
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis - WFP Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis – WFP Source: Reuters
- UN Seeks $17 Million to Address Haitian Food Crisis Source: Bloomberg
- 7 February 2014 Swiss Ambassador to Haiti Visits WFP Cash for Assets Project
- 16 January 2014 Haiti School Meals: Feeding Futures and Nourishing Minds
- 28 November 2013 Haiti: UNASUR Pledges an Extra $250.000 for School Feeding
- 26 September 2013 Hungry Planet: Episode 30