11 June 2007
A United Nations World Food Programme truck convoy carrying enough ready-to-eat meals to feed 70,000 people over five days is on its way from WFP’s emergency hub in El Salvador to the Mexican state of Tabasco, which has been devastated by massive floods.
1 April 2007
The Pyrenees Principality of Andorra, one of the smallest countries in Europe, emerged in 2006 as one of the fastest growing donors to WFP, more than trebling its contribution to US$109,000 from US$32,000 the previous year.
11 February 2007
WFP airlifted ten metric tons of ready-to-eat food today from its emergency hub in Barbados to help assist 20,000 victims of Tropical Storm “Noel”.
29 November 2006
With the support of WFP, the internationally renowned hip-hop artist Wyclef Jean is has convened the Yéle Fest – a one-week event that will use culture and the arts to engage Haitian youth in exploring ways to boost sustainable development in Haiti.
14 November 2005
WFP and Wyclef Jean announce new joint food distribution programme in two of the Haitian capital’s most violent and vulnerable neighbourhoods.
3 November 2005
Port-au-Prince When the 1,588 women at the distribution points of Desronvilles and Acifa walk away with their bags of rice, beans and corn meal on 14 March, it will mark the end of WFP Haiti\'s large-scale emergency operation to feed the victims of the Gonaives floods.
15 September 2005
19 May 2005
Panama At the request of the Government of Panama, WFP is supporting a two-day Regional Technical Consultation meeting to coordinate the agendas of the fight against hunger and malnutrition in Latin America and the Caribbean.
5 May 2005
Port-au-Prince - For the next two years, 550,000 Haitians the vast majority of them women and children will be guaranteed at least one nutritious meal every day, provided by WFP.
14 December 2004
Rome WFP releases a music video by Haitian singer/songwriter Wyclef Jean, who visited flood-stricken parts of Haiti in October, and whose new song ‘Gonaives\' seeks to raise awareness and support for thousands of people still recovering from the devastation.
- Aid workers distribute food in Haiti as nation struggles with drought Source: The Toronto Star
- Canadian Development Minister Paradis visits Haiti To Assess Progress And Challenges Source: Foreign Affairs
- Feeding Haiti: A new menu Source: The Economist
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis - WFP Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis – WFP Source: Reuters
- 26 May 2014 Haiti: Partnering for Progress
- 7 February 2014 Swiss Ambassador to Haiti Visits WFP Cash for Assets Project
- 16 January 2014 Haiti School Meals: Feeding Futures and Nourishing Minds