30 September 2004
Rome - A giant Antonov-124 cargo plane took off from the United Nations Humanitarian Depot in Brindisi today carrying 100 metric tons of High Energy Biscuits provided by WFP for the thousands of victims of last week\'s devastating floods in northwest Haiti. The flight is expected to arrive in Port au Prince on Friday.
22 September 2004
Port au Prince - WFP sends the first humanitarian convoy to the Haitian city of Gonaives, which was engulfed over the weekend by devastating floods that left hundreds of people dead and thousands more in desperate need of food assistance.
25 June 2004
Port-au-Prince With a generous grant from the government of the United Kingdom, WFP has airlifted food to more than 15,000 people in desperate need of assistance following last month\'s torrential rains which caused devastating floods and landslides near the border with the Dominican Republic.
28 May 2004
Port-Au-Prince/Santo Domingo WFP has initiated a rapid response to help families affected by the devastating floods in Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
15 April 2004
Port-Au-Prince WFP Executive Director James T. Morris urges donors not to forget about the dire needs of the Haitian people and to increase their support for a country he described as "in danger of slipping into oblivion."
25 March 2004
Port-au-Prince, Haiti The first shipment of urgently needed food aid has departed the Haitian capital today, destined for the northern city of Cap Haitien where it will be distributed to 181,000 vulnerable people in the north of the country, WFP announces.
24 February 2004
Port-au-Prince - Amid rapidly deteriorating security across Haiti, a crowd of looters has ransacked a WFP warehouse in the northern city of Cap Haitien, with the loss of 800 metric tons of food, mostly vegetable oil and pulses.
1 February 2004
Port-au-Prince, Haiti WFP, with the assistance of Oxfam and Caritas, is providing urgently needed emergency food rations to thousands of families affected by floods in northern Haiti
- Canadian Development Minister Paradis visits Haiti To Assess Progress And Challenges Source: Foreign Affairs
- Feeding Haiti: A new menu Source: The Economist
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis - WFP Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis – WFP Source: Reuters
- UN Seeks $17 Million to Address Haitian Food Crisis Source: Bloomberg
- 28 November 2013 Haiti: UNASUR Pledges an Extra $250.000 for School Feeding
- 26 September 2013 Hungry Planet: Episode 30
- 21 August 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 29