25 March 2009
Angelica Richard, who one day would like to be a doctor, says she had no breakfast before coming to school and won’t get anything when she goes home tonight. “This is my only meal of the day. Sometimes I feel weak in the morning and can’t wait till lunchtime.”
10 March 2009
9 March 2009
Hundreds of families on Gonaives, on Haiti's west coast, lost everything when a series of hurricanes hit Haiti last September. As they rebuild their lives, many rely on feeding centres that use WFP food.
6 March 2009
Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, droughts… nothing anyone can do will prevent them. But a lot can be done to reduce their impact – especially if there’s an early warning.
17 December 2008
From start to finish, 2008 was one of the most challenging in the World Food Programme’s history. The impact of high food prices, followed by the global financial downtown have placed extra strains on WFP’s work, and the lives of the almost 100 million people we aim to feed next year.
28 October 2008
WFP has now provided food to more than half a million victims following the series of deadly cyclones and tropical storms that battered the island of Haiti last month.
29 September 2008
Gonaives was devastated by recent tropical storms and flooding but WFP and its partners are helping the community get back on its feet.
8 September 2008
WFP has sent a first airlift of humanitarian food aid to Cuba from the Regional Humanitarian Response Centre, based in the International Airport of El Salvador.
8 September 2008
WFP is sending a steady stream of food and humanitarian supplies by air and sea to the devastated port city of Gonaives and to the storm-battered southern and western areas of Haiti.
1 March 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
- Canadian Development Minister Paradis visits Haiti To Assess Progress And Challenges Source: Foreign Affairs
- Feeding Haiti: A new menu Source: The Economist
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis - WFP Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis – WFP Source: Reuters
- UN Seeks $17 Million to Address Haitian Food Crisis Source: Bloomberg
- 7 February 2014 Swiss Ambassador to Haiti Visits WFP Cash for Assets Project
- 16 January 2014 Haiti School Meals: Feeding Futures and Nourishing Minds
- 28 November 2013 Haiti: UNASUR Pledges an Extra $250.000 for School Feeding
- 26 September 2013 Hungry Planet: Episode 30