28 February 2014
When disaster strikes, the World Food Programme leads in providing life-saving assistance. Victims of natural disasters can lose everything in seconds, and a timely response makes the difference between recovery and prolonged suffering. Therefore, when governments request assistance during an emergency, WFP supports immediate relief efforts with rapid needs assessment, pre-positioned food, and expert response teams.
31 December 2012
Les objectifs de l’évaluation ont été les suivants :
- Evaluer les dégâts sur le secteur agricole au niveau des communes affectées
- Évaluer l’impact sur la sécurité alimentaire au niveau ménages
- Estimer le nombre de famille et/ou la quantité de personnes en insécurité alimentaire élevée;
- Identifier les interventions susceptibles d’atténuer l’impact de la situation actuelle sur la population ;
- Formuler des recommandations d’intervention.
31 March 2010
Following the initial rapid assessments immediately after the earthquake, a rapid EFSA took place in February 2010. This survey was led by CNSA (Coordination Nationale de la Sécurité Alimentaire) of Haiti, in partnership with ACF, Oxfam, FEWS NET, FAO, and WFP. The survey covered the communes of Pétionville, Delmas, Tabarre, Cité Soleil, Grand Goâve, Croix-des-Bouquets, Carrefour, Port-au-Prince, Léogane, Gressier, Jacmel, and Petit Goâve. The sample included households living in camps (IDPs) and those living in non-camp areas. The data collection took place from February 5-12, 2010.
- 7 February 2014 Swiss Ambassador to Haiti Visits WFP Cash for Assets Project
- 16 January 2014 Haiti School Meals: Feeding Futures and Nourishing Minds
- 28 November 2013 Haiti: UNASUR Pledges an Extra $250.000 for School Feeding
- 26 September 2013 Hungry Planet: Episode 30