21 May 2015
PANAMA CITY –The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has received a contribution of US$5 million from the USAID’s Food for Peace Programme (USAID/FFP) to provide food assistance to 87,145 people to help them recover from the prolonged impact of last year’s drought in Honduras and Guatemala.
24 April 2015
PANAMA CITY – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a contribution of €3 million (US$3.1 million) from the European Commission’s Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection Department (ECHO) to provide food assistance to approximately 73,000 people affected by the drought in Guatemala and Honduras.
26 September 2014
PANAMA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a contribution of US$10 million from the United States to assist people across Central America affected by severe drought and the Coffee Rust disease.
22 November 2013
PANAMA CITY –The UN World Food Programme (WFP) Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean launched today a new Regional Nutrition Strategy that aims to provide a nutritional model for WFP on how to engage with governments of middle income countries.
20 September 2013
PANAMA CITY – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is providing food assistance among small coffee producers, seasonal workers and their families in Central America, who have been affected by the current epidemic of Coffee Rust, a fungal disease that destroys the leaves of coffee plants, lowering yields, diminish fruit quality and sometimes devastating entire plantations.
19 August 2013
From WFP Executive Director Ertharin Cousin
ROME – In 2003, the world mourned when 22 people lost their lives in an attack on the United Nations office in Baghdad, Iraq. Ten years later, we still mourn all too often for humanitarian workers killed in the line of duty. Many more are injured, detained, kidnapped, traumatized and otherwise prevented from carrying out their life-saving work.
21 May 2013
Over 240 delegates from 37 countries are coming together in Costa do Sauípe, Brazil, to exchange experiences and debate options for developing sustainable national school feeding programmes in the Global Child Nutrition Forum 2013. It is the 15th edition of the meeting and it’s the first time that it occurs outside Africa or the United States. The Forum opens this Monday, 20 May, and will conclude on 24 May.
1 May 2013
PANAMA CITY –Latin America and the Caribbean countries have made significant progress in tackling hunger and malnutrition, reducing the number of hungry by 16 million over a decade, but much work still remains to be done, said the Executive Director of the UN World Food Programme, Ertharin Cousin.
17 April 2013
TEGUCIGALPA – The National Systems of Risk Management from Central American countries today began a series of simulation exercises to respond to emergencies and disasters in order to help strengthen their coordination processes and joint operation of humanitarian assistance for affected populations. These processes anticipate the participation of government institutions and national and international humanitarian actors.
22 March 2013
SAN JERONIMO, COMAYAGUA- The President of the Republic a.i., Antonieta de Bográn, the President of the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, Howard G. Buffett, WFP Representative in Honduras, Miguel Barreto, and Laurant Sillano of the European Union opened a modern grain processing plant that will benefit small holder farmers in the departments of Comayagua and Intibuca.
- Mujeres Unidas en Acción: Building Success for Women in Eastern Honduras Source: Huffington Post
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Honduras: A Call for Help to FAO and WFP to confront hunger Source: El Heraldo (Honduras)
- Improved Nutrition, Agricultural Development Helps Bring Hondurans Out of Poverty and Hunger Source: DipNote
- Proactively Planning for Replanting Source: Honduras Weekly
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- 8 September 2014 Honduras: WFP-COPECO Distribute Food to Drought-Hit Communities