9 October 2013
WFP Representative, Pasqualina Di Sirio, met with the Ministry Director of the Forest Conservation Institute (IFC), José Trinidad Suazo Bulnes, in order to strengthen the actions that IFC and WFP are developing together, through their Agro-Forestry and Climate Change Resilience Programme.
19 September 2013
Ernestina Martinez, a 52-year-old widow and mother of eight children, began her coffee farm a few years ago in the village Ojo de Agua in Intibucá and it produced nearly 4 Metric Tons of coffee. But the Coffee Rust plague, a fungus that affects the leaves of plants, destroyed the crops Ernestina and her children had grown with great sacrifice.
11 September 2013
Through the Food-for-Work programme, WFP is supporting 41,810 people who were affected by the Coffee Rust in Honduras. WFP Representative, Pasqualina Di Sirio, visited affected communities to monitor donations. During her visit to the community of Ojo de Agua in Intibucá, Di Sirio met with 30 small holder coffee producers receiving food assistance.
2 August 2013
The WFP Deputy Regional Director and Officer in Charge, Alzira Ferreira, and the Regional Director of Plan in the Americas, Roland Angerer, signed an agreement to work together to fight food insecurity to help the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, in Latin America and the Caribbean.
1 July 2013
An estimated 100,000 jobs across Honduras have been lost as a result of the current Coffee Rust plague. A WFP-AHPROCAFE-IHCAFE partnership aims to assure the food security of coffee producers and their families who were left vulnerable due to the Coffee Rust.
27 June 2013
ROME/VATICAN CITY – His Holiness Pope Francis this morning granted a private audience to Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). The meeting took place immediately upon Cousin’s return from Syria and following her recent visit to Israel and Palestine.
23 June 2013
With a record 45,000 people taking part and the support of 50 private companies and of the government, Honduras celebrated the 2013 edition of the "Zero Hunger Walk" in its capital city Tegucigalpa this weekend. The event was organized to raise awareness about hunger and malnutrition, and especially to highlight the importance of providing good nutrition during a child's first 1,000 days.
22 June 2013
This mission arrived in the country on 17 June following a previous visit of the First Lady of Honduras, Rosa Elena de Lobo, to Brazil. Members of this Brazilian mission were Daniel Balaban, Director of the WFP Centre of Excellence against Hunger in Brazil, Albaxeide Peixoto, President of the School Feeding Fund in Brazil, and representatives of the Brazilian Cooperation Agency, FAO and the WFP Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean.
11 June 2013
After 13 years of consecutive work, the World Food Programme (WFP) and the Ficohsa Foundation for the Early Education of Children signed a new cooperation agreement to continue working and support of pre-school children in Honduras.
31 May 2013
With the presence of over 150 representatives from different Honduran associations, the President of Honduras Porfirio Lobo Sosa, and the Minister of Agriculture and Livestock Jacobo Regalado presented a plaque of recognition to WFP Representative Miguel Barreto for his support to agriculture in Honduras.
- Mujeres Unidas en Acción: Building Success for Women in Eastern Honduras Source: Huffington Post
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Honduras: A Call for Help to FAO and WFP to confront hunger Source: El Heraldo (Honduras)
- Improved Nutrition, Agricultural Development Helps Bring Hondurans Out of Poverty and Hunger Source: DipNote
- Proactively Planning for Replanting Source: Honduras Weekly
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- School Feeding- WFP’s role in Latin America and the Caribbean
- The Market Monitor
- 8 September 2014 Honduras: WFP-COPECO Distribute Food to Drought-Hit Communities
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists