16 October 2013
For the fifth consecutive year, Grupo Comidas (Yum! Brands Honduras) and WFP join to ensure the food and nutritional security of thousands of people in Honduras. The campaign is part of Yum! Brands global initiative World Hunger Relief.
16 October 2013
More than 660 small holder farmers, of which 29% are women, will benefit from this new storage facility located in the municipality of Yoro.
9 October 2013
The Ficohsa Foundation for children education celebrated their 15 years of success. Accompanying them in the celebrations were the institutions and people who have contributed significantly to help reach great achievements in preschool education.
9 October 2013
WFP Representative, Pasqualina Di Sirio, met with the Ministry Director of the Forest Conservation Institute (IFC), José Trinidad Suazo Bulnes, in order to strengthen the actions that IFC and WFP are developing together, through their Agro-Forestry and Climate Change Resilience Programme.
19 September 2013
Ernestina Martinez, a 52-year-old widow and mother of eight children, began her coffee farm a few years ago in the village Ojo de Agua in Intibucá and it produced nearly 4 Metric Tons of coffee. But the Coffee Rust plague, a fungus that affects the leaves of plants, destroyed the crops Ernestina and her children had grown with great sacrifice.
11 September 2013
Through the Food-for-Work programme, WFP is supporting 41,810 people who were affected by the Coffee Rust in Honduras. WFP Representative, Pasqualina Di Sirio, visited affected communities to monitor donations. During her visit to the community of Ojo de Agua in Intibucá, Di Sirio met with 30 small holder coffee producers receiving food assistance.
2 August 2013
The WFP Deputy Regional Director and Officer in Charge, Alzira Ferreira, and the Regional Director of Plan in the Americas, Roland Angerer, signed an agreement to work together to fight food insecurity to help the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, in Latin America and the Caribbean.
1 July 2013
An estimated 100,000 jobs across Honduras have been lost as a result of the current Coffee Rust plague. A WFP-AHPROCAFE-IHCAFE partnership aims to assure the food security of coffee producers and their families who were left vulnerable due to the Coffee Rust.
27 June 2013
ROME/VATICAN CITY – His Holiness Pope Francis this morning granted a private audience to Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). The meeting took place immediately upon Cousin’s return from Syria and following her recent visit to Israel and Palestine.
23 June 2013
With a record 45,000 people taking part and the support of 50 private companies and of the government, Honduras celebrated the 2013 edition of the "Zero Hunger Walk" in its capital city Tegucigalpa this weekend. The event was organized to raise awareness about hunger and malnutrition, and especially to highlight the importance of providing good nutrition during a child's first 1,000 days.
- Mujeres Unidas en Acción: Building Success for Women in Eastern Honduras Source: Huffington Post
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Honduras: A Call for Help to FAO and WFP to confront hunger Source: El Heraldo (Honduras)
- Improved Nutrition, Agricultural Development Helps Bring Hondurans Out of Poverty and Hunger Source: DipNote
- Proactively Planning for Replanting Source: Honduras Weekly
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- 8 September 2014 Honduras: WFP-COPECO Distribute Food to Drought-Hit Communities