16 September 2014
While violence and displacement of people remain the daily routine, WFP’s Communications Officer in Bangui, Donaig Le Du, shares her impressions from the field. Here's the fifth part of her series of blogs from C.A.R.
3 September 2014
Twelve months after the last such survey, a nationwide assessment is about to get underway in Central African Republic to measure how 'food secure' families now are. The Emergency Food Security Assessment is being carried out by WFP, C.A.R. authorities and NGO partners so they can see how to respond better to the needs of the population.
21 August 2014
Thousands of people have been displaced by the violence in the Bambari region of the Central African Republic since late June 2014. In dire security conditions, WFP provides food to people who have lost everything.
14 August 2014
It was Friday night in Bangui. I was coming home from an early dinner when I realized that I had forgotten something – it was the little next-door cafe's karaoke night grand opening.
5 August 2014
On the evening of 11 July, a baby was born in Boda. I met the tiny little girl and her mother, 18-year-old Félicité, in the early hours of the following day. Félicité was sitting by the fire, just outside a tent, in the camp on the Catholic church compound. The baby was sound asleep. Such a small baby, still unnamed, wrapped in an orange blanket.
23 July 2014
July 2014, Central African Republic - While violence and displacement of people remain the daily routine, our colleague in Bangui, Donaig Le Du, shares her impressions from the field. Read her diaries and try to get a sense of what it's like to live and work in C.A.R. during these dramatic days. Here's the second episode of a series describing her adventurous journey to the city of Bossangoa.
16 July 2014
Fatimatou Djara is one of over 100,000 people who have arrived in Cameroon this year, fleeing the vicious bloodletting in the Central African Republic. She and her three children receive food from WFP every month. In this interview, she explains some of the changes that life as a refugee brings.
15 July 2014
The little town of Boda, west of Bangui, has seen a lot of violence over the past months. Things are calmer now, but two communities still live apart from each other, living by the stream that separates them. WFP assists both communities and supports the resumption of agricultural activities
15 July 2014
July 2014, Central African Republic - While violence and displacement of people remain the daily routine, our colleague in Bangui, Donaig Le Du, shares her impressions from the field. Read her diaries and try to get a sense of what it's like to live and work in C.A.R. during these dramatic days. Here's the first episode of a series describing her first encounter with the capital, Bangui.
3 July 2014
In Central African Republic (CAR), two thirds of schools remain closed as violence and unrest continue. But students are gradually finding their way back to school. WFP is supporting them through daily school meals, often the only food they eat during the day.
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- Central African Republic Situation Report #41 25 June 2014
- C.A.R. Regional Impact Situation Report #4 25 June 2014
- République du Congo - WFP/UNHCR Mission d'évaluation conjointe de la sécurité alimentaire et vulnérabilité des ménages de réfugiés provenant de la République Centrafricaine vivant dans le Département de la Likouala, Mai 2014
- Central African Republic - FAO/WFP Markets and Food Security Assessment Mission, April 2014
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 8 September 2014 WFP's River Route For Food Going To C.A.R. Emergency
- 10 July 2014 Cameroon: A Day In The Life of a C.A.R. Refugee