6 August 2014
CHENNAI/DELHI – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Ertharin Cousin arrives in Chennai, India, on 7 August 2014, for a one-day visit that will focus on the importance of family farming in achieving a zero hunger world.
17 March 2014
High resolution photo available at http://we.tl/hjI9PPhsxA
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), the world’s largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger, recently appointed Indian TV personality Uma Ghosh Deshpande as a Celebrity Partner. This echoes Uma’s commitment to support WFP in its work through her shows and network.
26 February 2014
WFP is working to help the Government of India make the world’s largest food distribution system more efficient and transparent. Kerala is the second state to endorse WFP’s “best practice” recommendations.
22 November 2013
NEW DELHI – At the end of a two-day visit to India, the UN World Food Programme’s Executive Director Ertharin Cousin has congratulated the Government of India for the National Food Security Act that has made the right to food legally enforceable.
21 November 2013
SANA’A – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed today a US$1.8 million contribution from the Government of India that will support 121,300 of the most vulnerable people in Yemen for the next six months.
20 November 2013
ROME/NEW DELHI – The UN World Food Programme’s Executive Director Ertharin Cousin has arrived in New Delhi for a 2-day visit to India. Her trip to the capital will focus on WFP-supported local solutions that are helping battle malnutrition.
10 May 2012
NEW DELHI – The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) are hosting a two-day workshop on best practices in Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) and Food Fortification, May 10-11.
27 October 2010
4 February 2010
DEHRADUN – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed Thursday a commitment by the State of Uttarakhand to help agriculture-dependent communities adapt to climate change.
29 November 2009
NEW DELHI – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today hosted hundreds of students who came to the Capital to receive awards from the Chief Minister of Delhi, Sheila Dikshit, for writing essays about innovative strategies to fight hunger in India.
- Why Government Must Keep Investing In Mid Day Meal Scheme Source: DailyO
- Government to Add Breakfast to MDM Scheme Source: The New Indian Express
- World Food Day 2014: 442 days remaining to achieve the Millennium Development Goals Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Biometric cards nail fake PDS beneficiaries Source: The Times of India
- Food scheme may include pulses, oil in future: Ministry Source: The Times of India
- 20 November 2014 India: WFP at Odisha State School Feeding Programme Exhibition
- 20 October 2014 WFP India: World Food Day 2014
- 16 October 2014 Hungry Planet episode 38