16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
8 September 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme warns that long term relief and recovery efforts will be needed for many of the estimated 25 million people that have been affected by severe flooding across south Asia, with huge areas of land under water in India, Bangladesh and Nepal.
11 September 2006
WFP and the England and Wales Cricket Board have joined forces in a dynamic new partnership which will endeavour to raise awareness about the scourge of global hunger.
10 December 2005
A convoy of trucks carrying 39 metric tons of WFP high energy biscuits arrived today in the Pakistan city of Abbottabad, delivering desperately needed food to survivors of last Saturday’s earthquake.
22 November 2005
At a time when support for children’s nutrition and education in Asia is more needed than ever, WFP welcomes a visit by Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand to WFP projects in Orissa, India.
10 October 2005
WFP is beginning a major airlift of emergency relief supplies to Pakistan for the victims of Saturday’s earthquake, which killed some 20,000 people and left hundreds of thousands more homeless and destitute.
21 September 2005
WFP gave a warning today that a 56 percent funding shortfall is jeopardizing the agency’s emergency operation in Iraq, aimed at supporting more than three million people – over half of them children.
10 September 2005
As the massive scale of the earthquake disaster that has struck Pakistan, northern India and Afghanistan becomes apparent, WFP mobilises urgent relief.
20 June 2005
Kabul - WFP is providing emergency food aid to devastated communities in Afghanistan\'s northeastern province Badakshan, where a hailstorm and heavy flooding have so far killed an estimated 29 people, injured 40 and destroyed over 1,000 homes.
- Food scheme may include pulses, oil in future: Ministry Source: The Times of India
- Water-hungry Indian villagers find new reservoirs of solidarity Source: The Guardian
- In India, Inadequate Storage Could Mean Wasted Food Source: VOA
- Nutrition in a bag Source: The Hindu
- Punjab, bread basket of India, hungers for change Source: Reuters
- 21 August 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 29
- 6 June 2012 India: Food Distribution Goes High-Tech!
- 12 December 2011 India: The Impact Of High Food Prices -- A View From Deradhun Market
- 29 August 2007 Anoushka Shankar