11 August 2009
20 February 2009
16 November 2007
Italian actress Maria Grazia Cucinotta, Ambassador Against Hunger for the WFP, has returned from a field visit to projects that the UN agency is supporting in India, urging the international community to strongly commit to support WFP programmes so as to provide education and food to millions of hungry poor children.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
8 September 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme warns that long term relief and recovery efforts will be needed for many of the estimated 25 million people that have been affected by severe flooding across south Asia, with huge areas of land under water in India, Bangladesh and Nepal.
11 September 2006
WFP and the England and Wales Cricket Board have joined forces in a dynamic new partnership which will endeavour to raise awareness about the scourge of global hunger.
10 December 2005
A convoy of trucks carrying 39 metric tons of WFP high energy biscuits arrived today in the Pakistan city of Abbottabad, delivering desperately needed food to survivors of last Saturday’s earthquake.
22 November 2005
At a time when support for children’s nutrition and education in Asia is more needed than ever, WFP welcomes a visit by Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand to WFP projects in Orissa, India.
10 October 2005
WFP is beginning a major airlift of emergency relief supplies to Pakistan for the victims of Saturday’s earthquake, which killed some 20,000 people and left hundreds of thousands more homeless and destitute.
- Why Government Must Keep Investing In Mid Day Meal Scheme Source: DailyO
- Government to Add Breakfast to MDM Scheme Source: The New Indian Express
- World Food Day 2014: 442 days remaining to achieve the Millennium Development Goals Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Biometric cards nail fake PDS beneficiaries Source: The Times of India
- Food scheme may include pulses, oil in future: Ministry Source: The Times of India
- 20 November 2014 India: WFP at Odisha State School Feeding Programme Exhibition
- 20 October 2014 WFP India: World Food Day 2014
- 15 October 2014 Hungry Planet episode 38