31 December 2004
New York - At the end of a year marked by tragic humanitarian crises ranging from conflict in the Darfur region of western Sudan to the carnage caused by a Tsunami in Asia, the head of WFP pays tribute to donors\' generosity but cautions that even more support is vital for the coming year.
15 September 2004
New Delhi - The Asia region must take decisive steps to reduce malnutrition or face losing much of its tremendous economic potential, a top WFP official said at the opening of a regional conference on maternal and child malnutrition in India.
12 June 2004
New Delhi The head of WFP, James T. Morris, today hailed the growing cooperation between the UN food aid agency and the Government of India in their common cause of reducing global hunger and promoting good nutrition among the poor, especially children.
- Water-hungry Indian villagers find new reservoirs of solidarity Source: The Guardian
- In India, Inadequate Storage Could Mean Wasted Food Source: VOA
- Nutrition in a bag Source: The Hindu
- Punjab, bread basket of India, hungers for change Source: Reuters
- Land rights for women can help ease India's child malnutrition crisis Source: The Guardian
- 6 June 2012 India: Food Distribution Goes High-Tech!
- 12 December 2011 India: The Impact Of High Food Prices -- A View From Deradhun Market
- 29 August 2007 Anoushka Shankar
- 9 September 2006 Cricket Against Hunger