17 May 2005
Kabul - WFP has welcomed another major food shipment from India as part of its pledge to donate one million metric tons of wheat to help feed schoolchildren in Afghanistan.
22 March 2005
Kabul - After weeks of hard work to provide food aid to Afghan communities cut off by snow, WFP is shifting gear to help Afghans facing floods created by melting snow and torrential rains, which have burst river banks, damaged roads and flooded villages in various parts of the country.
3 March 2005
Bangkok With the tsunami-struck countries in Asia moving into the reconstruction phase, WFP is launching a series of post-emergency humanitarian activities that will help hundreds of thousands of survivors return to a stable, productive and independent way of life.
31 December 2004
New York - At the end of a year marked by tragic humanitarian crises ranging from conflict in the Darfur region of western Sudan to the carnage caused by a Tsunami in Asia, the head of WFP pays tribute to donors\' generosity but cautions that even more support is vital for the coming year.
15 September 2004
New Delhi - The Asia region must take decisive steps to reduce malnutrition or face losing much of its tremendous economic potential, a top WFP official said at the opening of a regional conference on maternal and child malnutrition in India.
12 June 2004
New Delhi The head of WFP, James T. Morris, today hailed the growing cooperation between the UN food aid agency and the Government of India in their common cause of reducing global hunger and promoting good nutrition among the poor, especially children.
- Food scheme may include pulses, oil in future: Ministry Source: The Times of India
- Water-hungry Indian villagers find new reservoirs of solidarity Source: The Guardian
- In India, Inadequate Storage Could Mean Wasted Food Source: VOA
- Nutrition in a bag Source: The Hindu
- Punjab, bread basket of India, hungers for change Source: Reuters
- 21 August 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 29
- 6 June 2012 India: Food Distribution Goes High-Tech!
- 12 December 2011 India: The Impact Of High Food Prices -- A View From Deradhun Market
- 29 August 2007 Anoushka Shankar