25 March 2013
21 February 2013
WFP, Papua and East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) Provinces, independent research specialists and community representatives share their experiences and participate in a lessons-learned forum on the Local School Meals programme.
19 October 2012
19 October 2012
WFP, in collaboration with the NTB provincial government, has been helping the most vulnerable households to address short-term food insecurity and to build agricultural and rural infrastructure that benefits their communities in the medium and long term.
15 October 2012
JAKARTA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) honours World Food Day (16 October) by reaffirming its dedication to work with communities, civil society, governments and the private sector to end hunger in our lifetimes.
8 June 2012
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a donation of nearly US$700,000 from the Government of Japan to support the organisation’s innovative schools meals programme and wider efforts to tackle food insecurity in Papua province.
27 January 2012
Marking 2012 National Nutrition Day of Indonesia, WFP in Indonesia is highlighting its partnership with the Government in the fight against under-nutrition.
13 June 2011
Jakarta – The Government of Indonesia today welcomed Project Laser Beam (PLB), a groundbreaking public-private partnership to end child malnutrition, as a critical initiative to help achieve their goal of ending child hunger and poverty. The announcement was made at the World Economic Forum East Asia, in Jakarta.
7 June 2010
ROME– Tens of thousands of people yesterday took to the streets in cities around the world to show their support for the work of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the fight against global hunger.
12 December 2007
Expressing their “deepest concern”, the three Rome-based UN Agencies – FAO, the World Food Programme and the International Fund for Agricultural Development – warned today that climate change is a major challenge to world food security and will increase hunger and malnutrition unless immediate action is taken.
- INDONESIA: From drought to floods Source: IRIN
- Soaring Food Costs Hit Indonesian Families' Budgets Source: PBS NewsHour
- Food price hikes: an ill wind or windfall? Source: The Guardian
- INDONESIA: Lots of food - and malnutrition - in the east Source: IRIN
- UN upgrades ports in post-tsunami Indonesia Source: UN News Centre
- 9 June 2014 Indonesia: Behind The Scenes With MetroTV
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 12 March 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 25
- 4 December 2012 Indonesia: First School Meals Programme In Jayapura