2 July 2007
At the request of the Indonesian authorities, WFP has started providing immediate food aid to people displaced by floods in the capital.
29 December 2006
Within hours of the first reports of devastating floods this week in the Indonesian province of Aceh, WFP moved rapidly to deliver emergency supplies by air and road to some 127,000 displaced people in the hardest hit districts of Aceh Tamiang and Gayo Lues.
20 July 2006
Working in close cooperation with Indonesian authorities, WFP has rapidly responded to the immediate needs of persons affected by the July 17 earthquake and tsunami in West Java.
31 May 2006
WFP has welcomed a donation of EURO 500,000 from Belgium - confirmed by the Minister of Development Cooperation, Mr. Armand De Decker - to fund emergency food rations for the survivors of Saturday’s massive earthquake in Yogyakarta Province, Indonesia.
28 May 2006
WFP begins distributing emergency food rations to survivors of the devastating earthquake in Indonesia, just 36 hours after the earthquake struck.
28 December 2005
The Executive Director of WFP, James Morris, describes 2005 as the most challenging year the humanitarian aid world has faced since World War II, but also warns that the New Year will undoubtedly bring further emergencies and even greater demands on donors.
2 December 2005
Banda Aceh Two of the National Football League\'s (NFL) top players, New York Giants\' quarterback Kurt Warner and wide receiver Amani Toomer, have arrived in Indonesia to assist the victims of the tsunami and support WFP in its efforts to deliver food to survivors.
3 November 2005
Banda Aceh WFP announces a ground-breaking donation from the Czech Republic in support of its efforts to assist more than 500,000 people affected by the tsunami in Indonesia.
4 September 2005
Banda Aceh - WFP is working on two fronts in the Indonesia earthquake crisis in order to prevent a single person from going hungry because of the massive natural disasters, a senior WFP official has said.
- INDONESIA: From drought to floods Source: IRIN
- Soaring Food Costs Hit Indonesian Families' Budgets Source: PBS NewsHour
- Food price hikes: an ill wind or windfall? Source: The Guardian
- INDONESIA: Lots of food - and malnutrition - in the east Source: IRIN
- UN upgrades ports in post-tsunami Indonesia Source: UN News Centre
- 12 March 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 25
- 4 December 2012 Indonesia: First School Meals Programme In Jayapura
- 5 November 2012 Hungry Planet: Episode 21
- 26 July 2012 Feeding Tomorrow's Athletes Around The World