28 November 2007
WFP has kicked off a critical initiative to assist Indonesia in providing food for the nation\'s hungry poor and called on international donors to contribute urgently to a new three year US$98 million program for food aid for the country.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
6 July 2007
Indonesia’s Co-ordinating Minister for People’s Welfare Aburizal Bakrie told WFP yesterday that the agency’s efforts in his country remain “essential to the lives of hundreds of thousands of hungry and malnourished children and women”.
2 July 2007
At the request of the Indonesian authorities, WFP has started providing immediate food aid to people displaced by floods in the capital.
29 December 2006
Within hours of the first reports of devastating floods this week in the Indonesian province of Aceh, WFP moved rapidly to deliver emergency supplies by air and road to some 127,000 displaced people in the hardest hit districts of Aceh Tamiang and Gayo Lues.
20 July 2006
Working in close cooperation with Indonesian authorities, WFP has rapidly responded to the immediate needs of persons affected by the July 17 earthquake and tsunami in West Java.
31 May 2006
WFP has welcomed a donation of EURO 500,000 from Belgium - confirmed by the Minister of Development Cooperation, Mr. Armand De Decker - to fund emergency food rations for the survivors of Saturday’s massive earthquake in Yogyakarta Province, Indonesia.
28 May 2006
WFP begins distributing emergency food rations to survivors of the devastating earthquake in Indonesia, just 36 hours after the earthquake struck.
28 December 2005
The Executive Director of WFP, James Morris, describes 2005 as the most challenging year the humanitarian aid world has faced since World War II, but also warns that the New Year will undoubtedly bring further emergencies and even greater demands on donors.
- INDONESIA: From drought to floods Source: IRIN
- Soaring Food Costs Hit Indonesian Families' Budgets Source: PBS NewsHour
- Food price hikes: an ill wind or windfall? Source: The Guardian
- INDONESIA: Lots of food - and malnutrition - in the east Source: IRIN
- UN upgrades ports in post-tsunami Indonesia Source: UN News Centre
- 9 June 2014 Indonesia: Behind The Scenes With MetroTV
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 12 March 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 25
- 4 December 2012 Indonesia: First School Meals Programme In Jayapura