18 January 2005
Jakarta - "Indonesia\'s post-tsunami reconstruction effort will greatly benefit from long-term partnerships so that people can start rebuilding their homes, livelihoods, and the critical infrastructure needed to end the suffering of all those affected by the tsunami," Anthony Banbury, WFP Regional Director for Asia, said.
31 December 2004
New York - At the end of a year marked by tragic humanitarian crises ranging from conflict in the Darfur region of western Sudan to the carnage caused by a Tsunami in Asia, the head of WFP pays tribute to donors\' generosity but cautions that even more support is vital for the coming year.
24 August 2004
Jakarta WFP warmly welcomes the decision by the Government of Indonesia to exempt humanitarian agencies from its ban on rice imports, saying that millions of poor Indonesians are now guaranteed the delivery of food assistance they so urgently need.
- INDONESIA: From drought to floods Source: IRIN
- Soaring Food Costs Hit Indonesian Families' Budgets Source: PBS NewsHour
- Food price hikes: an ill wind or windfall? Source: The Guardian
- INDONESIA: Lots of food - and malnutrition - in the east Source: IRIN
- UN upgrades ports in post-tsunami Indonesia Source: UN News Centre
- 12 March 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 25
- 4 December 2012 Indonesia: First School Meals Programme In Jayapura
- 5 November 2012 Hungry Planet: Episode 21
- 26 July 2012 Feeding Tomorrow's Athletes Around The World