5 February 2013
Unexpected floods in Jakarta last month displaced thousands of people, including children. In disaster situations such as this, it's easy to lose track of eating the right kind of foods for a healthy life. WFP and Kraft Indonesia joined hands to ensure that this doesn't happen especially to the children in the evacuation centers.
28 January 2013
Juggling life as a vendor, a wife, a homemaker and a mother to four children, a woman rises to the challenge for something she believes in.
4 December 2012
Health activist, breastfeeding motivator and mother, Orance Banunaek shares her experience as a health cadre volunteer in Noeana Posyandu in East Nusa Tenggara.
14 June 2012
For as long as they can remember, the people from Montong Sapah, a poor village in Praya Barat Daya sub-district in Central Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), always had difficulty accessing water.
15 February 2012
In Bikekneno, a small village in Nusa Tenggara Timur, Indonesia, Food-For-Asset activities inspire people to hope for a hunger-free future.
2 December 2011
26 August 2011
In Indonesia, a new approach to school meals is doing more than just ensuring kids get something healthy to eat every day.
23 June 2011
WFP's School Feeding Programme has been helping school girls like Imelda get a daily ration of fortified biscuits at school.
10 June 2011
This weekend, leaders from the world of big business gathered in Jakarta, Indonesia, for the World Economic Forum East Asia. The World Food Programme was there too, keen to build on existing partnerships and explore new opportunities for partners in the global fight against world hunger. Go to our blog
18 November 2010
Armana may seem like a regular elementary school student in SDN Filial, North Lombok. He goes to school and receive WFP’s high nutrient biscuits everyday. He goes home to his family and spends the whole afternoon with them at home. But little that other people know, Armana possesses a great humanitarian spirit as a young boy who has a less fortunate life and a heavy load on his back.
- INDONESIA: From drought to floods Source: IRIN
- Soaring Food Costs Hit Indonesian Families' Budgets Source: PBS NewsHour
- Food price hikes: an ill wind or windfall? Source: The Guardian
- INDONESIA: Lots of food - and malnutrition - in the east Source: IRIN
- UN upgrades ports in post-tsunami Indonesia Source: UN News Centre
- 9 June 2014 Indonesia: Behind The Scenes With MetroTV
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 12 March 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 25
- 4 December 2012 Indonesia: First School Meals Programme In Jayapura