26 June 2006
Dodging stinging jellyfish and tackling choppy seas, marathon swimmer Monte Monfore has set a new world record off the coast of Central Java to highlight WFP’s efforts to help last month’s earthquake survivors.
16 June 2006
The Government of Lithuania has made its first ever donation to WFP, providing US$37,000 in response to the massive earthquake that hit the Indonesian island of Java last month.
9 June 2006
Samiono lost his home and mother in the Java earthquake. With his face bruised and bandaged, he stands amidst the wreckage of his home and wonders how he can rebuild his home and his live. WFP spokesperson Barry Came reports.
6 June 2006
WFP is planning to feed 100,000 beneficiaries in June and July in the Yogyakarta province of Indonesia following the May 27 Java earthquake.
1 June 2006
WFP is erecting Wickhall temporary warehouses in Bantul District today for use as a food storage and distribution point.
30 May 2006
Following the Java earthquake, WFP is recommending general food distribution be provided for close to 100,000 people.
29 May 2006
WFP aircraft leaves Brindisi UN Humanitarian Response Depot headed for Solo, Indonesia loaded with seven metric tons of high-energy biscuits from WFP and 32 tonnes of blankets, tents, generators, gerry cans, water pumps & purification units from the Italian Development Cooperation organization.
27 May 2006
WFP is urgently mobilising relief staff and supplies in order to provide urgent aid to thousands affected by Saturday's massive earthquake near Yogyakarta, Central Java.
5 December 2005
1 December 2005
- INDONESIA: From drought to floods Source: IRIN
- Soaring Food Costs Hit Indonesian Families' Budgets Source: PBS NewsHour
- Food price hikes: an ill wind or windfall? Source: The Guardian
- INDONESIA: Lots of food - and malnutrition - in the east Source: IRIN
- UN upgrades ports in post-tsunami Indonesia Source: UN News Centre
- 9 June 2014 Indonesia: Behind The Scenes With MetroTV
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 12 March 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 25
- 4 December 2012 Indonesia: First School Meals Programme In Jayapura