21 January 2014
In a meeting with the Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Ertharin Cousin, Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Morteza Sarmadi stressed Tehran’s attempts to resolve the Syrian crisis through diplomatic means and said Iran is ready to send humanitarian aid to Syrian people both inside and outside the country. Ertharin Cousin said in this meeting that the United Nations World Food Programme, irrespective of political issues, just aims to perform its principal duty to provide services for refugees and immigrants, particularly in crisis-stricken areas such as Syria.
7 October 2010
The Iranian choir Namira will be performing a concert in Tehran on October 18 to raise funds for the hungry around the world. (..) The 70-minute concert entitled “Sun of the Pacific Ocean” will be held at the Vahdat Hall on October 18, two days after World Food Day. The UN World Food Program (WFP) will sponsor the event.
26 July 2010
A number of Iranian cineastes have been commissioned by the UN World Food Program (WFP) to make short films on world health. Rakhshan Bani-Etemad, Kamran Shirdel, Mehdi Naderi, Bayram Fazli, Turaj Aslani, Rokhsareh Qaem-Maqami, and Mahnaz Mohammadi are the seven Iranian filmmakers who are currently working on short films.
25 June 2009
Italy hopes foreign ministers of the industrialized Group of Eight meeting Thursday will send Iran a "tough" message over its violent crackdown on protesters, the foreign minister said. (..) In all, some 44 delegations will participate in the meeting of the eight industrial powers, including representatives from the Islamic Development Bank, the International Organization for Migration and the World Food Program.
9 May 2009
The Iranian government is seeking greater assistance from international NGOs to meet the needs of hundreds of thousands of refugees, according to the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR). (..)According to a World Food Programme report issued in December 2008, only a few thousand Afghan refugees live in refugee camps. Their incomes are low and the average family spends about 77 percent of its income on rent.
- Iran ready to help UN send aid to Syrian people Source: Press TV
- “Sun of Pacific Ocean” to rise in Tehran to fight world hunger Source: Theran Times
- Iranian cineastes making shorts for WFP Source: Tehran Times
- Iran expected to dominate G8 meeting in Italy Source: The Washington Post
- Iran urges international NGOs to help refugees there Source: Reuters AlertNet / IRIN
- Seasonal Monitor
- Iran PRRO 200310 Food Assistance and education incentive for Afghan and Iraqi Refugees (2013-2015): A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- A Regional View of Wheat Markets and Food Security in Central Asia: With a Focus on Afghanistan and Tajikistan, July 2011
- Iran - Food Security Assessment: Urban Afghan Refugees, December 2008