3 December 2012
BAGHDAD – A new report by the UN World Food Programme (WFP) and the Government of Iraq shows that the number of Iraqis who are food insecure has decreased by more than quarter of a million compared to 2007.
13 September 2012
BAGHDAD – The Iraqi Ministry of Education and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) will provide this year a daily nutritious snack to more than half a million primary school children in central and southern Iraq.
17 August 2010
Baghdad – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is targeting unemployment in some of the areas most affected by violence and insecurity in Iraq through expanding its cash-for-work programme to reach more than 11,000 vulnerable people and help them meet their daily food needs.
7 June 2010
ROME– Tens of thousands of people yesterday took to the streets in cities around the world to show their support for the work of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the fight against global hunger.
19 May 2010
BAGHDAD – The World Food Programme (WFP) today launched a cash-for-work programme in Iraq to help some of the poorest sections of Iraqi society earn enough money to pay for food that might otherwise be beyond their reach.
17 December 2009
BAGHDAD – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Iraqi Ministry of Trade (MOT), under which the two parties will work together to improve the supply chain management of the Public Distribution System (PDS), which provides a monthly food ration to millions of Iraqis.
17 November 2009
SULAYMANIYAH - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today launched a pilot programme to provide 172,000 Iraqi primary school children with a free daily snack at school to help boost school attendance and learning and improve food security in eight of the country’s poorest districts.
26 May 2009
2 October 2008
WFP and the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) began a massive distribution of food and other items on Sunday to over three times more vulnerable Iraqi refugees than assisted in the past.
27 May 2008
WFP is bolstering its operations to provide food assistance to hundreds of thousands of internally displaced Iraqis, using US$40 million of funding from the Government of Iraq
- Aid for Syrian Refugees in Northern Iraq Source: Deutsche Welle
- Syrian Refugee Makes a Home Away from Home Source: PBS NewsHour
- Syrian refugees overwhelm Lebanon, region Source: The Washington Post
- Iraq: joint UN report finds that food insecurity decreased significantly over past five years Source: UN News Centre
- IRAQ: Call to adopt modern irrigation techniques Source: IRIN
- 23 September 2014 WFP Food Assistance Reaches Over One Million Displaced People in Iraq
- 6 September 2014 WFP Supports Displaced Families At Erbil's Baharka Camp
- 4 September 2014 Displaced Iraqi Describes Escape From Mosul
- 29 August 2014 WFP Faces Challenges Helping Displaced In Iraq