26 May 2009
2 October 2008
WFP and the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) began a massive distribution of food and other items on Sunday to over three times more vulnerable Iraqi refugees than assisted in the past.
27 May 2008
WFP is bolstering its operations to provide food assistance to hundreds of thousands of internally displaced Iraqis, using US$40 million of funding from the Government of Iraq
1 March 2008
WFP announces the start of a US$126 million emergency operation to provide food assistance to more than one million displaced Iraqis who are unable to meet their basic food needs due to the continuing violence in Iraq.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
13 March 2007
WFP has appealed for donations for a new operation to provide food assistance for tens of thousands of the poorest Iraqi refugees who are now in Syria after fleeing escalating violence in their own country.
12 March 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme today announced that it will scale up efforts to provide basic food assistance to the most vulnerable Iraqi refugees in Syria and called on the international community to support its growing operation there.
21 September 2005
WFP gave a warning today that a 56 percent funding shortfall is jeopardizing the agency’s emergency operation in Iraq, aimed at supporting more than three million people – over half of them children.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
- Aid for Syrian Refugees in Northern Iraq Source: Deutsche Welle
- Syrian Refugee Makes a Home Away from Home Source: PBS NewsHour
- Syrian refugees overwhelm Lebanon, region Source: The Washington Post
- Iraq: joint UN report finds that food insecurity decreased significantly over past five years Source: UN News Centre
- IRAQ: Call to adopt modern irrigation techniques Source: IRIN
- 5 December 2014 1 Dollar For Syrian Refugees
- 14 November 2014 Iraq: Displaced Yazidi Community To Face Harsh Winter
- 23 October 2014 WFP Provides Food Assistance to Over 1 Million Displaced in Iraq
- 23 September 2014 WFP Food Assistance Reaches Over One Million Displaced People in Iraq