19 May 2010
BAGHDAD – The World Food Programme (WFP) today launched a cash-for-work programme in Iraq to help some of the poorest sections of Iraqi society earn enough money to pay for food that might otherwise be beyond their reach.
17 December 2009
BAGHDAD – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Iraqi Ministry of Trade (MOT), under which the two parties will work together to improve the supply chain management of the Public Distribution System (PDS), which provides a monthly food ration to millions of Iraqis.
17 November 2009
SULAYMANIYAH - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today launched a pilot programme to provide 172,000 Iraqi primary school children with a free daily snack at school to help boost school attendance and learning and improve food security in eight of the country’s poorest districts.
26 May 2009
2 October 2008
WFP and the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) began a massive distribution of food and other items on Sunday to over three times more vulnerable Iraqi refugees than assisted in the past.
27 May 2008
WFP is bolstering its operations to provide food assistance to hundreds of thousands of internally displaced Iraqis, using US$40 million of funding from the Government of Iraq
1 March 2008
WFP announces the start of a US$126 million emergency operation to provide food assistance to more than one million displaced Iraqis who are unable to meet their basic food needs due to the continuing violence in Iraq.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
13 March 2007
WFP has appealed for donations for a new operation to provide food assistance for tens of thousands of the poorest Iraqi refugees who are now in Syria after fleeing escalating violence in their own country.
- Aid for Syrian Refugees in Northern Iraq Source: Deutsche Welle
- Syrian Refugee Makes a Home Away from Home Source: PBS NewsHour
- Syrian refugees overwhelm Lebanon, region Source: The Washington Post
- Iraq: joint UN report finds that food insecurity decreased significantly over past five years Source: UN News Centre
- IRAQ: Call to adopt modern irrigation techniques Source: IRIN
- Iraq - mVAM Monitoring
- Iraq - Bulletin #5: Conflict affects food security in central and northern governorates, April 2015
- Iraq - Food Market Monitoring Bulletin #4: Conflict drives food insecurity in Ninewa and Anbar, March 2015
- Iraq - Food Market Monitoring Bulletin #3: Conflict disrupts food markets in Anbar, Salah Al-Din and Kirkuk, March 2015
- 16 January 2015 Syrian Refugees From Kobane Seek Safety In Northern Iraq
- 7 January 2015 Iraq: Yazidis' Escape From Mt. Sinjar