12 March 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme today announced that it will scale up efforts to provide basic food assistance to the most vulnerable Iraqi refugees in Syria and called on the international community to support its growing operation there.
21 September 2005
WFP gave a warning today that a 56 percent funding shortfall is jeopardizing the agency’s emergency operation in Iraq, aimed at supporting more than three million people – over half of them children.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
28 September 2004
WFP announces the results of an unprecedented survey in Iraq which concludes that some 6.5 million people 25 percent of the entire population remain highly dependent on food rations and are therefore vulnerable.
- Aid for Syrian Refugees in Northern Iraq Source: Deutsche Welle
- Syrian Refugee Makes a Home Away from Home Source: PBS NewsHour
- Syrian refugees overwhelm Lebanon, region Source: The Washington Post
- Iraq: joint UN report finds that food insecurity decreased significantly over past five years Source: UN News Centre
- IRAQ: Call to adopt modern irrigation techniques Source: IRIN
- WFP SYRIA CRISIS RESPONSE Situation Update 11 - 24 JUNE 2014
- Syria - Syrian Refugees and Food Insecurity in Iraq, Jordan and Turkey: Secondary Literature and Data Desk Review, February 2013
- Protecting Asia’s Most Vulnerable - WFP and Social Safety Nets in Asia
- Building Resilience on a Fragile Continent - WFP and Climate Change in Asia
- 8 August 2014 WFP Provides Food for Families Fleeing Fighting in Iraq
- 21 July 2014 WFP Assists Displaced Iraqi Families At Baharka Camp