26 May 2009
Two Iraqi refugee households in the Syrian capital Damascus recently received an early morning visit from the Arab world’s young film star and WFP celebrity partner Hend Sabry.
12 November 2008
Rome, 12 November 2008 - Irrespective of its potential wealth, Iraq is a country in turmoil, with an estimated 1.5 million people displaced as a direct result of war and violence. A new survey shows that, although there have been recent improvements in the overall security situation, and although safety nets exist, there remain nearly one million people who are food insecure.
15 April 2008
WFP Ambassador Against Hunger Mahmoud Yassin has called on donors to provide urgent funding now to enable WFP to continue its operation to provide food assistance to tens of thousands displaced Iraqis in Syria after early June.
18 June 2007
WFP has thanked the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for 720 metric tons of dates donated to support WFP’s beneficiaries in Syria.
23 January 2007
WFP has welcomed a US$1.3 million donation from India to WFP’s Iraq operation, which assists 3.8 million people, more than half of whom are children.
- Aid for Syrian Refugees in Northern Iraq Source: Deutsche Welle
- Syrian Refugee Makes a Home Away from Home Source: PBS NewsHour
- Syrian refugees overwhelm Lebanon, region Source: The Washington Post
- Iraq: joint UN report finds that food insecurity decreased significantly over past five years Source: UN News Centre
- IRAQ: Call to adopt modern irrigation techniques Source: IRIN
- 5 December 2014 1 Dollar For Syrian Refugees
- 14 November 2014 Iraq: Displaced Yazidi Community To Face Harsh Winter
- 23 October 2014 WFP Provides Food Assistance to Over 1 Million Displaced in Iraq