16 July 2010
The Ministry of Education and the UN World Food Programme (WFP) on Thursday signed an agreement to support the implementation of the School Nutrition Programme (SNP).
13 July 2010
The Department of Statistics on Wednesday inked a cooperation agreement with the United Nation's World Food Program (WFP) to boost government's efficiency in monitoring food security.
14 April 2010
Motorola Jordan sponsored the recent fund raising gala dinner organized by the county office of the United Nations World Food Program (UNWFP).(..)The donations will be utilized in one of the UNWFP local projects, mainly supporting the Ministry of Education’s school feeding project.
9 November 2009
The sense of loss is all too recent for retired Major Tahir Wadood Malik, who lost his wife Gul Rukh Tahir in the bombing of the UN World Food Programme office in Pakistan last month. “I dropped my wife off at 7:45am, told her that I would pick her up at 5:00pm. At 2:30 in the afternoon I came to claim a dead body,” he said.
1 June 2009
The United Nations World Food Programme (WEP) together with its major corporate partners is preparing for a global walk against child hunger on Sunday entitled by "End Hunger: Walk the World". The person in charge of the programme in Jordan Fatin al-Hindi said thousands of people –many of whom can no longer afford the food available in the markets, will come together with government officials, reprsentatives of UN agencies, WFP corporate partners, their employees, friends and families to walk over a 24-hour period, in each of the planet’s time zones, to raise awareness and funds to feed children.
21 January 2009
The Jordan Hashemite Charity Organisation (JHCO) has dispatched 261 aid convoys to the Gaza Strip since the Israeli attacks against the coastal enclave started December 27, a JHCO official said on Tuesday. [...] In addition, a military aeroplane carrying 10,000 ready meals for the Palestinians in Gaza flew to El Arish Airport in Egypt upon His Majesty King Abdullah’s directives. The food shipment is the fourth batch of 80,000 ready meals that will be distributed in coordination with the UN World Food Programme.
- Jordan Opens Second Camp for Syria Refugees Source: Naharnet/ AFP
- U.N. Warns of Dire Rise in Refugees From Syria Source: The New York Times
- UNHCR calls for plan to build emergency camps for Syrians Source: The Jordan Times
- Jordan prepares third Syrian camp as refugee ‘crisis’ grows Source: The Jordan Times
- World’s assistance to Jordan for refugees not enough — EU Source: The Jordan Times
- 22 December 2013 ECHO And WFP Provide Food Vouchers To Syrian Refugees In Jordan
- 15 October 2013 World Food Day 2013 (For The Media)
- 25 September 2013 Children of Zaatari
- 23 September 2013 Three Lives Being Lived in Zaatari Refugee Camp