23 October 2013
AMMAN – Syrian refugees living in Zaatari camp in northern Jordan are this week receiving from the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) a second ration of dates that were donated by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ahead of the holy feast.
17 September 2013
AMMAN – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Jordan has completed its first distribution of food vouchers to all Syrian refugees living in Zaatari camp, now home to more than 100,000 people, allowing refugees for the first time to buy the food of their choice from designated shops inside the camp.
11 April 2013
Link to high resolution pictures: http://goo.gl/1aCZo
AMMAN – The internationally acclaimed British singer and composer Sami Yusuf visited Zaatari camp in Jordan yesterday where he saw at first hand the plight of refugees who fled the conflict in Syria.
4 April 2013
AMMAN – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has launched school feeding projects for more than 10,500 Syrian children attending schools in refugee camps in Jordan and Iraq to boost nutrition and encourage children to come to school.
9 November 2012
AMMAN – The Executive Director of the UN World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, concluded a three-day visit to Lebanon and Jordan by visiting Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan, home to tens of thousands of Syrian refugees.
8 October 2012
AMMAN – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) will hold the 4th Global Humanitarian Aviation Conference from 9 to 11 October 2012 at King Hussein Bin Talal Convention Centre at the Dead Sea in Jordan.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
31 May 2007
Sixty-five vintage automobiles crossed the finish line in Amman, Jordan, today, ending a 12-day, 5000 kilometre “Drive Against Hunger” through 11 countries with the aim of raising awareness and support for efforts to end global hunger.
6 June 2006
One hundred and twenty old automobiles reached the Jordanian capital, Amman today, after a ten-day drive across 14 countries from Oberstaufen, Germany, in the “Drive against Hunger” rally to raise awareness about fighting hunger and poverty around the world.
- Jordan Opens Second Camp for Syria Refugees Source: Naharnet/ AFP
- U.N. Warns of Dire Rise in Refugees From Syria Source: The New York Times
- UNHCR calls for plan to build emergency camps for Syrians Source: The Jordan Times
- Jordan prepares third Syrian camp as refugee ‘crisis’ grows Source: The Jordan Times
- World’s assistance to Jordan for refugees not enough — EU Source: The Jordan Times
- 15 October 2013 World Food Day 2013 (For The Media)
- 25 September 2013 Children of Zaatari
- 23 September 2013 Three Lives Being Lived in Zaatari Refugee Camp
- 17 September 2013 Syrian Refugee Populations Grows in Jordan (For The Media)