4 April 2013
AMMAN – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has launched school feeding projects for more than 10,500 Syrian children attending schools in refugee camps in Jordan and Iraq to boost nutrition and encourage children to come to school.
9 November 2012
AMMAN – The Executive Director of the UN World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, concluded a three-day visit to Lebanon and Jordan by visiting Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan, home to tens of thousands of Syrian refugees.
8 October 2012
AMMAN – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) will hold the 4th Global Humanitarian Aviation Conference from 9 to 11 October 2012 at King Hussein Bin Talal Convention Centre at the Dead Sea in Jordan.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
31 May 2007
Sixty-five vintage automobiles crossed the finish line in Amman, Jordan, today, ending a 12-day, 5000 kilometre “Drive Against Hunger” through 11 countries with the aim of raising awareness and support for efforts to end global hunger.
6 June 2006
One hundred and twenty old automobiles reached the Jordanian capital, Amman today, after a ten-day drive across 14 countries from Oberstaufen, Germany, in the “Drive against Hunger” rally to raise awareness about fighting hunger and poverty around the world.
28 December 2005
Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein travels to Malawi on her first field visit as a Goodwill Ambassador for WFP to see first hand the impact of the food crisis there.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
- Jordan Opens Second Camp for Syria Refugees Source: Naharnet/ AFP
- U.N. Warns of Dire Rise in Refugees From Syria Source: The New York Times
- UNHCR calls for plan to build emergency camps for Syrians Source: The Jordan Times
- Jordan prepares third Syrian camp as refugee ‘crisis’ grows Source: The Jordan Times
- World’s assistance to Jordan for refugees not enough — EU Source: The Jordan Times
- 22 December 2013 ECHO And WFP Provide Food Vouchers To Syrian Refugees In Jordan
- 16 October 2013 World Food Day 2013 (For The Media)
- 25 September 2013 Children of Zaatari
- 23 September 2013 Three Lives Being Lived in Zaatari Refugee Camp