1 July 2008
A convoy of WFP food leaves Nairobi for displaced people in Kenya’s Northern Rift Valley and more WFP food left the town of Eldoret for thousands of desperately hungry people in the western town of Kisumu.
1 June 2008
WFP\'s first escorted convoy of food left the Kenyan port of Mombasa today and more food assistance arrived in the Northern Rift Valley town of Eldoret for 100,000 people driven from their homes by post-election violence.
1 April 2008
WFP responds to the crisis in Kenya and will shortly provide food through the Kenya Red Cross for an estimated 100,000 people displaced in the Northern Rift Valley
2 February 2008
The World Food Programme today hailed the French navy for protecting WFP food ships from pirate attacks in Somalia, and thanked Denmark for taking over the operation to ensure critical escorts continue for the next two months.
15 January 2008
Kenyan partners have distributed food assistance from the World Food Programme and Government of Kenya for nearly 77,000 people in Nairobi’s slums hit by post-election violence. WFP food was also given to 2,000 Kenyans who fled to Uganda.
11 January 2008
The Kenya Red Cross Society and local partners start distributing food assistance today from the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the Government of Kenya to tens of thousands of people in the Nairobi slums hardest-hit after days of post-election violence.
4 January 2008
Amid international concern about soaring food and fuel costs, the Executive Director of the World Food Programme, Josette Sheeran, will visit Ethiopia from 1-2 April – a year after her inaugural visit in April 2007 – and Kenya from 2-3 April.
13 November 2007
Three United Nations agencies have praised the international community for its support to help turn around a devastating malnutrition crisis in northern Kenya’s Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps.
29 October 2007
Philanthropist and environmentalist Howard G. Buffett will be appointed today as the UN World Food Programme’s newest Ambassador Against Hunger.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 25 March 2015 Support Needed For School Meals In Kenya
- 20 February 2015 Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Supports Refugees In Kenya
- 23 October 2014 In Kenya Cash Is Boosting Food Security
- 16 October 2014 More Than Food: Boosting Education In Kenya