13 November 2007
Three United Nations agencies have praised the international community for its support to help turn around a devastating malnutrition crisis in northern Kenya’s Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps.
29 October 2007
Philanthropist and environmentalist Howard G. Buffett will be appointed today as the UN World Food Programme’s newest Ambassador Against Hunger.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
5 October 2007
On Sunday, 13 May 2007, hundreds of thousands of people worldwide will walk together over a 24-hour period in each of the planet’s time zones, to deliver a message: child hunger has no place in this world and citizens across the globe can put an end to it.
5 September 2007
American actress Drew Barrymore, one of the world’s most recognised film stars, has been named Ambassador Against Hunger for WFP.
22 June 2007
WFP today appealed to Kenyan authorities to allow food assistance on 140 trucks to cross into Somalia.
31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
19 April 2007
Paul Tergat, the current world record holder is dedicating his participation in the Flora London Marathon to the plight of hungry children all over the world.
7 March 2007
Three United Nations agencies urge donors to support an appeal for a full package of assistance to cut malnutrition rates at crisis levels among children under five in refugee camps in Kenya. They warn that a host of problems linked with persistently high malnutrition had to be tackled now to save lives.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 10 October 2013 Somali Refugees Get Access To Fresh Fruit And Vegetables
- 24 September 2013 How Canadian Funds Are Used At A School In Kenya
- 21 August 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 29