19 April 2007
Paul Tergat, the current world record holder is dedicating his participation in the Flora London Marathon to the plight of hungry children all over the world.
7 March 2007
Three United Nations agencies urge donors to support an appeal for a full package of assistance to cut malnutrition rates at crisis levels among children under five in refugee camps in Kenya. They warn that a host of problems linked with persistently high malnutrition had to be tackled now to save lives.
24 December 2006
WFP started dropping food into Somalia and Kenya from aircraft over the weekend, expanding its campaign by land, water and air to assist more than a million people suffering because of floods cutting roads and spreading sickness.
21 November 2006
A Boeing 747 jumbo jet chartered by WFP has landed in Nairobi, delivering 94 metric tons of high energy biscuits from a depot in Brindisi, Italy, for hundreds of thousands of victims of Kenya’s largest floods in years.
20 November 2006
WFP has launched a regional air operation to provide fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters to transport aid workers and humanitarian assistance to more than a million people in Somalia and Kenya hit by the worst floods in years.
27 September 2006
Rains have reduced the number of Kenyans in need of food aid because of drought to nearly 3 million people from 3.5 million, the Government of Kenya and WFP has said.
26 September 2006
Somali refugees escaping the conflict between the Union of Islamic Courts and the Transitional Federal Government have pushed the number of refugees in Kenya to the highest level in a decade, threatening to exhaust food aid stocks unless urgent donations are made, WFP said today.
2 August 2006
The Government of Kenya and WFP has announced that 3.5 million Kenyans are running out of food because of the complete failure of the short rains.
19 July 2006
WFP warns that it isrunning out of emergency food aid for millions of people in Kenya made destitute by drought and appeals for urgent new contributions to prevent malnutrition rates rising as the long dry season sets in.
3 June 2006
WFP congratulates Rachel Weisz on winning an Oscar last night for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, for her performance in the movie, The Constant Gardener.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 20 January 2014 WFP Assists People Fleeing South Sudan Conflict
- 7 January 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 32
- 10 October 2013 Somali Refugees Get Access To Fresh Fruit And Vegetables