5 October 2007
On Sunday, 13 May 2007, hundreds of thousands of people worldwide will walk together over a 24-hour period in each of the planet’s time zones, to deliver a message: child hunger has no place in this world and citizens across the globe can put an end to it.
5 September 2007
American actress Drew Barrymore, one of the world’s most recognised film stars, has been named Ambassador Against Hunger for WFP.
22 June 2007
WFP today appealed to Kenyan authorities to allow food assistance on 140 trucks to cross into Somalia.
31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
19 April 2007
Paul Tergat, the current world record holder is dedicating his participation in the Flora London Marathon to the plight of hungry children all over the world.
7 March 2007
Three United Nations agencies urge donors to support an appeal for a full package of assistance to cut malnutrition rates at crisis levels among children under five in refugee camps in Kenya. They warn that a host of problems linked with persistently high malnutrition had to be tackled now to save lives.
24 December 2006
WFP started dropping food into Somalia and Kenya from aircraft over the weekend, expanding its campaign by land, water and air to assist more than a million people suffering because of floods cutting roads and spreading sickness.
21 November 2006
A Boeing 747 jumbo jet chartered by WFP has landed in Nairobi, delivering 94 metric tons of high energy biscuits from a depot in Brindisi, Italy, for hundreds of thousands of victims of Kenya’s largest floods in years.
20 November 2006
WFP has launched a regional air operation to provide fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters to transport aid workers and humanitarian assistance to more than a million people in Somalia and Kenya hit by the worst floods in years.
27 September 2006
Rains have reduced the number of Kenyans in need of food aid because of drought to nearly 3 million people from 3.5 million, the Government of Kenya and WFP has said.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 25 March 2015 Support Needed For School Meals In Kenya
- 20 February 2015 Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Supports Refugees In Kenya
- 23 October 2014 In Kenya Cash Is Boosting Food Security
- 16 October 2014 More Than Food: Boosting Education In Kenya