23 January 2006
10 December 2005
WFP today strongly condemned the hijacking of a food aid ship Wednesday afternoon by unidentified gunmen at the port of Merka, 100 kilometres southwest of Mogadishu.
29 November 2005
WFP joins forces with leading advertising agency Leagas Delaney to build public empathy in Europe for the more than 850 million people who still go hungry.
21 November 2005
At the Italian launch of the AIDS Epidemic Update 2005, UNAIDS, WFP and the Italian Government underline the crucial role of prevention and good nutrition in the fight against AIDS, particularly in Africa.
27 October 2005
As the world focuses on a series of massive natural disasters and the spread of avian influenza, hunger in Africa has quietly climbed to an all-time high, threatening to destabilize much of the continent, warns James T. Morris, Executive Director of WFP.
14 October 2005
The release of the hijacked MV Miltzow – after being held for 32 hours – was welcomed today by WFP, which can now proceed with delivering the cargo of relief food to 78,000 drought-stricken people in southern Somalia.
28 September 2005
WFP confirmed today that the hijackers of a WFP-chartered ship seized three months ago had broken an agreement to release the vessel.
23 September 2005
WFP today declared null and void all agreements with Somalia’s Transitional Federal Government (TFG) and community leaders to end the hijack of a Kenyan-owned vessel off the coast of Somalia.
14 September 2005
13 September 2005
WFP and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) appealed today for a total of US$29 million to assist 1.2 million people in Kenya struggling with critical food shortages, limited agricultural support, and shortages of basic health care and drinking water caused by drought and extreme poverty.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 25 March 2015 Support Needed For School Meals In Kenya
- 20 February 2015 Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Supports Refugees In Kenya
- 23 October 2014 In Kenya Cash Is Boosting Food Security
- 16 October 2014 More Than Food: Boosting Education In Kenya