13 September 2005
WFP and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) appealed today for a total of US$29 million to assist 1.2 million people in Kenya struggling with critical food shortages, limited agricultural support, and shortages of basic health care and drinking water caused by drought and extreme poverty.
1 September 2005
Nairobi With the momentous signing today of a peace accord which brings to an end one of Africa\'s longest and bloodiest wars, WFP launches a US$302 million emergency appeal to feed 3.2 million Sudanese.
19 August 2005
14 August 2005
Barcelona Soccer\'s reigning World Player of the Year Ronaldinho, the charismatic Brazilian renowned for his smile and his ability to score jaw-dropping goals, is to use his global celebrity to help WFP in its fight against child hunger, the agency announces.
8 August 2005
Nairobi - WFP announces an agreement with community leaders and Somalia\'s Transitional Federal Government (TFG) to allow the release of a hijacked ship, its 10-member crew and its cargo of WFP food aid within days.
28 June 2005
Geneva- With refugee numbers in Kenya failing to decline despite steps toward peace in Somalia and Sudan, WFP appeals for US$6.7 million to feed nearly a quarter of a million refugees in two northern Kenya camps until the end of 2005.
11 June 2005
WFP warmly congratulates Paul Tergat, WFP’s Ambassador Against Hunger, on his huge win at the New York City Marathon.
10 May 2005
WFP welcomes the safe arrival of a WFP-chartered ship and its crew at the Somali port of El Maan on the 100th day since it was hijacked by pirates ....
26 April 2005
Nairobi - WFP warns that two million Kenyans - particularly in the arid and semi-arid lands in the northern and eastern parts of the country - will need food assistance until August, despite a general improvement in weather conditions.
7 April 2005
Nairobi - WFP has suspended all shipments of humanitarian assistance to Somalia in the wake of the hijacking of a WFP-chartered vessel carrying food aid for 28,000 tsunami survivors.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 25 March 2015 Support Needed For School Meals In Kenya
- 20 February 2015 Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Supports Refugees In Kenya
- 23 October 2014 In Kenya Cash Is Boosting Food Security
- 16 October 2014 More Than Food: Boosting Education In Kenya