11 June 2005
WFP warmly congratulates Paul Tergat, WFP’s Ambassador Against Hunger, on his huge win at the New York City Marathon.
10 May 2005
WFP welcomes the safe arrival of a WFP-chartered ship and its crew at the Somali port of El Maan on the 100th day since it was hijacked by pirates ....
26 April 2005
Nairobi - WFP warns that two million Kenyans - particularly in the arid and semi-arid lands in the northern and eastern parts of the country - will need food assistance until August, despite a general improvement in weather conditions.
7 April 2005
Nairobi - WFP has suspended all shipments of humanitarian assistance to Somalia in the wake of the hijacking of a WFP-chartered vessel carrying food aid for 28,000 tsunami survivors.
16 March 2005
Nairobi - WFP launches a six-month food relief operation to assist nearly 600,000 Ugandans suffering from drought in the northeastern region of Karamoja.
11 February 2005
WFP reiterates its appeal for US$25 million to assist 1.2 million people in Kenya -- particularly the Northeast -- hit by critical food shortages.
23 December 2004
Nairobi World renowned American photographer James Nachtwey and WFP join forces to focus more public concern on Darfur, western Sudan, where the world\'s worst humanitarian crisis continues unabated.
17 December 2004
Nairobi WFP warns that thousands of refugees in Kenya will go hungry unless it receives immediate donations of cash or food commodities.
6 July 2004
Nairobi As the humanitarian crisis in Darfur and neighbouring Chad deepens by the day and the number of people suffering from conflict across western Sudan has almost doubled to two million, WFP appeals to the international community for urgent funding to expand its operations in both Sudan and Chad. At least one million people have been driven from their homes and farms by the fighting.
8 May 2004
Nairobi WFP launches an emergency appeal for US$82 million for immediate food assistance to 2.3 million people affected by drought in Kenya.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 20 January 2014 WFP Assists People Fleeing South Sudan Conflict
- 7 January 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 32
- 10 October 2013 Somali Refugees Get Access To Fresh Fruit And Vegetables