26 February 2004
Nairobi WFP starts to distribute food assistance to the survivors of a massacre that took place on Saturday night, 21 February. Lord\'s Resistance Army (LRA) rebels attacked and burned Barlonyo camp for displaced people in Lira District, Langi Sub-region, in northern Uganda.
12 February 2004
Nairobi -WFP today appealed for urgent funding for road repairs and demining of key transport routes in southern Sudan to help people return after decades of war, and connect the region to northern Sudan and neighbouring countries.
21 January 2004
Rome Marathon world record holder Paul Tergat joined the race to defeat global hunger today when he was appointed "Ambassador Against Hunger" by James T.Morris, WFP's Executive Director.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 10 October 2013 Somali Refugees Get Access To Fresh Fruit And Vegetables
- 24 September 2013 How Canadian Funds Are Used At A School In Kenya
- 21 August 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 29