7 April 2007
WFP welcomed today the release of the hijacked vessel MV Rozen and its crew and urged authorities in the semi-autonomous region of Puntland in northeastern Somalia and the Transitional Federal Government to curb piracy in Somali waters.
28 March 2007
The combination of food and education can change lives - if, like Abass Mohamed you make the most of your opportunities. WFP intern Jennifer Mizgata tells us how Abass swapped a Kenyan refugee camp for one of the world's most exclusive universities - Princeton.
1 March 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
23 February 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these crisis hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
14 February 2007
From Afghanistan to Haiti, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these crisis hotspots with WFP's operation update.
8 February 2007
As crises across Africa continue to dominate the humanitarian agenda, WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Turkey of US$ 2 million, for its operations in eight countries where millions face daily food shortages due to drought, floods, disease or conflict.
2 January 2007
WFP operations in Somalia started to return to normal today after the disruption of the last two weeks.
27 December 2006
WFP said today it had suspended its helicopter operation delivering humanitarian aid from the Somali port of Kismayo and both its air drop operation and passenger flights from Kenya into Somalia.
5 December 2006
WFP’s helicopter operation to help hundreds of thousands of east African flood victims swung into action over the weekend with a four ton delivery of emergency supplies to Gurufa in northeastern Kenya amid fears of further rains.
24 November 2006
Attacks by crocodiles and snakes, disease from over-flowing latrines and hunger are just some of the challenges facing flood victims in parts of Kenya and Somalia following what are reportedly the heaviest rains in years.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 25 March 2015 Support Needed For School Meals In Kenya
- 20 February 2015 Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Supports Refugees In Kenya
- 23 October 2014 In Kenya Cash Is Boosting Food Security
- 16 October 2014 More Than Food: Boosting Education In Kenya