2 January 2007
WFP operations in Somalia started to return to normal today after the disruption of the last two weeks.
27 December 2006
WFP said today it had suspended its helicopter operation delivering humanitarian aid from the Somali port of Kismayo and both its air drop operation and passenger flights from Kenya into Somalia.
5 December 2006
WFP’s helicopter operation to help hundreds of thousands of east African flood victims swung into action over the weekend with a four ton delivery of emergency supplies to Gurufa in northeastern Kenya amid fears of further rains.
24 November 2006
Attacks by crocodiles and snakes, disease from over-flowing latrines and hunger are just some of the challenges facing flood victims in parts of Kenya and Somalia following what are reportedly the heaviest rains in years.
8 November 2006
WFP has welcomed a generous contribution of US$2 million from the Russian Federation to WFP’s emergency operation in Kenya, praising the first donation from the Russian Federation to WFP’s work in East Africa.
27 October 2006
WFP has launched a flash appeal to cope with waves of Somali refugees who are fleeing to camps in northern Kenya amid fears of an escalation of violence in Somalia.
4 October 2006
Prompted by the magnitude and growing number of emergencies in recent years, WFP has launched a new humanitarian response “Network”, with strategic hubs in Africa, Europe, MiddleEast, Asia and Latin America.
8 September 2006
WFP congratulated Bruno Stevens, internationally-acclaimed photographer, for being nominated for two awards in this year’s Visa pour l’image festival of photojournalism in Perpignan, France.
28 July 2006
WFP today welcomed an announcement by the Government of Japan to donate US$17.3 million (JPY 2.01 billion) to assist the people of four African countries that are currently ravaged by conflict or drought.
3 July 2006
Paul Tergat, the world-record holding marathon runner from Kenya, is the star of this year’s Japan Advertising Council campaign which starts rolling out next month all over the country.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 20 February 2015 Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Supports Refugees In Kenya
- 23 October 2014 In Kenya Cash Is Boosting Food Security
- 16 October 2014 More Than Food: Boosting Education In Kenya
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33