18 March 2009
3 March 2009
Paul Tergat, who as a child ate free school lunches provided by WFP, has notched up another important marathon victory with a win at the 64th Lake Biwa Marathon in Japan.
27 February 2009
Like almost all workers, staff in the hospital at Ifo refugee camp amid the semi-desert of northeastern Kenya have their good and their bad days. But in the fight against child malnutrition, they say the good outnumber the bad.
17 February 2009
17 February 2009
In the fields of Kenya's coastal southeastern region, withered, yellow-brown husks of maize are drying out in the sun instead of being harvested. The maize crop is pitiful.
11 February 2009
4 February 2009
When British pop star Jamelia decided to step off the red carpet and into a Kenyan slum, she wasn't sure what to expect. Here are her own thoughts, as she recorded them during her visit to Kibera.
27 January 2009
Jamelia, who is supporting The Really Good School Dinner campaign, went to Kenya recently to see for herself how money donated to WFP School feeding is spent.
17 November 2008
Nairobi, 18 November 2008 - Local people helped WFP overcome a minor disaster recently when a truck carrying food to a district north of Nairobi, in Kenya, slipped off a bridge into a river.
15 August 2008
Poor rains in the normally wet March-to-May period, compounded by high food and fuel prices, have hit the Horn of Africa region hard. Drought-affected people in the region now number 17.5 million.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 25 March 2015 Support Needed For School Meals In Kenya
- 20 February 2015 Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Supports Refugees In Kenya
- 23 October 2014 In Kenya Cash Is Boosting Food Security
- 16 October 2014 More Than Food: Boosting Education In Kenya