28 May 2013
A reflection by WFP DPRK Field Coordinator Xuerong Liu
I have travelled many miles in this country, visited many people and seen the change of seasons in the landscape. At times, I look back and think about some of the children I have met through the year.
21 May 2013
There are three "Keys To Solving Hunger" -- what are they? The first key we unveiled last month was 'Nutrition'. What's the second key? We'll be unveiling a new "key" through a short film each month until June 2013 - and we want you to discover them with us! And, to make the discovery more fun, this time we're giving away two special WFP Tote Bags. So get your pencil and paper at the ready and click play!
5 April 2013
Visit by His Excellency Nasri Gustaman, Ambassador of Indonesia, to child institutions in Pyongson City, DPR Korea
3 April 2013
Together with our new Country Director Dierk Stegen, I recently went to Yomju County in North Pyongan province as part of an assessment mission for a food for community development (FFCD) project.
3 April 2013
In late 2012, Liechtenstein provided support to WFP’s operation aiming at providing nutritional assistance to small children in DPR Korea. The contribution enabled WFP to reach nearly 100,000 young children for one month.
29 March 2013
There are three "Keys To Solving Hunger" -- what are they? Each month between April and June 2013, we'll be unveiling a new "key" through a short film - and we want you to discover them with us! And, to make the discovery more fun, we're also giving away some limited edition WFP Moleskine notebooks. So get your pencil and paper at the ready and click play!
21 March 2013
When we walked into the yard there was an old traditional Korean house with a roof of black stone, where Han Kyong Suk welcomed us and invited us into her home.
6 March 2013
The new WFP Representative for DPR Korea, Mr. Dierk Stegen, a German national, arrived in Pyongyang on 2 March 2013.
15 November 2012
On 9 October 2012, H.E. Alexander A. Timonin, Ambassador of the Russian Federation to DPRK, visited Pyongyang Biscuit Factory to formally hand over a generous donation of Russian wheat flour to WFP’s work in the country.
25 October 2012
Pak Jong Sil is one of over 350,000 mothers in DPR Korea who have been receiving nutritional support from World Food Programme (WFP) during her pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- UN Appeals for $98 Million for North Korea Needs Source: The New York Times
- WFP official thanks Russia for supplying flour to DPR Korea Source: TASS
- Concern as severe weather hits North Korean crops Source: Reuters
- North Korea Famine Not Imminent but Flood Impact Not Yet Clear: U.N. Source: The New York Times / Reuters
- North Korea floods: Death toll raised, WFP sends food aid Source: BBC News
- DPRK: Monitoring and Evaluation Bulletin Report - Second Quarter 2014
- Quarterly Monitoring And Evaluation Bulletin (Q4 2013): "Nutrition Support Programme For Children And Women In DPRK"
- DPR Korea: Performance Assessment Of WFP's 'Nutrition Support To Women And Children' Programme
- Performance Assessment of WFP's operation in DPR Korea "Nutrition Support to Women and Children (PRRO 200114)