19 June 2012
In June of this year, his Excellency Germán Ferrás Alvarez, Ambassador of Cuba in DPR Korea, welcomed the arrival of 844 tons of sugar donated by the Government of Cuba to DPR Korea and Nampo port.
11 June 2012
WFP and UNICEF are working closely together to assist children suffering from severe acute malnutrition (SAM) and moderate acute malnutrition (MAM) in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
22 May 2012
Australian aid officials recently went on a field mission to Wonsan, Hamhung and Nampo port to monitor Australian assistance to women and children through WFP in DPR Korea.
29 March 2012
A Polish delegation participated in the monitoring of the arrival of food supplies in DPR Korea
16 March 2012
"How does number the 13 relate to the food produced locally in DPR Korea? And the number five? What about the number seven?" These were some of the questions that over 60 DPR Korean participants of a Local Food Production workshop were asked when their session started on 28 February in Hamhung city, on the east coast of DPR Korea. While individual factories have long experience in the production of biscuits and Supercereals in DPR Korea, their managers and core staff members have limited opportunities to meet and share issues of common interest to all producers.
9 March 2012
Ju Hye-Sim lives with her husband in Chongnam, in DPR Korea’s South Pyongan province. As a pregnant woman from a poor household, she received specialised nutritious food from WFP from the first trimester of her pregnancy, until six months after her child was born. This assistance is part of WFP efforts to ensure newborn children are given the best possible start in life in a country where under-nutrition is a chronic and widespread problem.
9 March 2012
Sim Mun-Sop oversees work at Chongnam Gu People’s Hospital in DPR Korea’s South Pyongan province. On a recent visit to the institution, WFP’s monitoring staff heard how nutritional assistance has been helping young children return to health.
30 September 2011
On October 3, the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) and WFP will commence this year’s Crop and Food Security Assessment Mission (CFSAM) in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK).
30 September 2011
On 14 September His Excellence, Mr. Sanjay Singh, Secretary East of the Ministry of External Relations, took time off to travel outside Pyongyang to visit children in institutions and hospitals benefitting from India’s contribution to WFP’s operation in DPRK.
20 July 2011
Dramatic flooding following heavy rains is adding a new challenge for the people of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, many of whom are already going hungry as food supplies run thinner and thinner. Children in particular remain highly vulnerable to malnutrition.
- UN Appeals for $98 Million for North Korea Needs Source: The New York Times
- WFP official thanks Russia for supplying flour to DPR Korea Source: TASS
- Concern as severe weather hits North Korean crops Source: Reuters
- North Korea Famine Not Imminent but Flood Impact Not Yet Clear: U.N. Source: The New York Times / Reuters
- North Korea floods: Death toll raised, WFP sends food aid Source: BBC News
- DPRK: Monitoring and Evaluation Bulletin Report - Second Quarter 2014
- Quarterly Monitoring And Evaluation Bulletin (Q4 2013): "Nutrition Support Programme For Children And Women In DPRK"
- DPR Korea: Performance Assessment Of WFP's 'Nutrition Support To Women And Children' Programme
- Performance Assessment of WFP's operation in DPR Korea "Nutrition Support to Women and Children (PRRO 200114)