24 August 2010
OSH – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is gearing up its operations in Kyrgyzstan, taking into account rising food prices, a poor harvest, the onset of winter and the hundreds of thousands of people affected by the ethnic violence that erupted in the south of the country in June.
1 July 2010
OSH, Kyrgyzstan – The United Nations World Food Programme is continuing daily distributions of assistance in southern Kyrgyzstan with supplies boosted by the arrival of a convoy of trucks from neighbouring Uzbekistan carrying UN humanitarian relief for victims of ethnic violence.
24 June 2010
OSH – As barricades come down in the southern Kyrgyzstan city of Osh and refugees begin to return, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is intensifying efforts to bring food to residents whose lives have been shattered by ethnic conflict.
21 June 2010
BISHKEK - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is accelerating the delivery of food assistance to Kyrgyzstan with the arrival of a plane-load of aid in the city of Osh today.
19 June 2010
BISHKEK – The United Nations World Food Programme is delivering desperately needed food to thousands of people fleeing violent clashes, many of whom are trapped in neighbourhoods in southern Kyrgyzstan’s main city Osh.
15 June 2010
BISHKEK – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has launched an emergency operation to provide logistics and feed civilians caught in the humanitarian crisis in Kyrgyzstan, while calling on all sides to allow the unimpeded delivery of humanitarian supplies, particularly in the country’s second city, Osh.
25 November 2008
WFP announced today that it is launching an emergency food operation to help 580,000 vulnerable people during the bitterly cold season in Kyrgyzstan – many of whom have felt the impact of a combination of high food prices and a fall in remittances from expatriates working abroad.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
- 14% of Kyrgyz lack food security, UN says Source: Central Asia Online
- “There’s No Such Thing As A Minor Emergency” Source: Reliefweb
- KYRGYZSTAN: The hidden threat of micronutrient deficiency Source: IRIN
- UN: Food Insecurity in Kyrgyzstan to Grow Worse Source: VOA News (USA)
- On the heels of ethnic violence, U.N. fears hunger in Kyrgyzstan Source: CNN
- 12 September 2013 The New Academic Year Brings Hot Meals In Kyrgyz Schools
- 1 July 2013 School Meals Get An Upgrade In Kyrgyz Republic
- 26 December 2012 Food Distribution In 20-Degree Frosts