23 June 2010
WFP is accelerating the delivery of food assistance for families displaced by violence in Kyrgyzstan. At the same time, the agency is opening a humanitarian hub in the southern city of Osh to act as a staging post, receiving assistance for the whole humanitarian community.
20 June 2010
WFP has distributed food to thousands of people affected by the humanitarian crisis in Kyrgyzstan and over the weekend flew in a first consignment of high energy biscuits to help ease the situation over the border in Uzbekistan.
18 June 2010
24 March 2010
The Bakashov family is still reeling from the 2008 financial crisis which left legions of expat workers from poor countries without jobs, putting them and their families on the knife-edge of hunger. WFP food assistance was the only thing that allowed the Bakashovs to get through this winter.
18 March 2010
The innovative school meals projects being run by the Russian government in a town north of Moscow will be the model for new WFP-coordinated programmes in Armenia, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
- 14% of Kyrgyz lack food security, UN says Source: Central Asia Online
- “There’s No Such Thing As A Minor Emergency” Source: Reliefweb
- KYRGYZSTAN: The hidden threat of micronutrient deficiency Source: IRIN
- UN: Food Insecurity in Kyrgyzstan to Grow Worse Source: VOA News (USA)
- On the heels of ethnic violence, U.N. fears hunger in Kyrgyzstan Source: CNN
- 2 December 2014 WFP Helps Rural Kyrgyz Women Grow Their Food And Earn Money
- 3 June 2014 A Day In The Life Of A Kyrgyz Schoolgirl
- 7 February 2014 Improved School Meals In Kyrgyzstan Bring Positive Results
- 12 September 2013 The New Academic Year Brings Hot Meals In Kyrgyz Schools