24 March 2010
The Bakashov family is still reeling from the 2008 financial crisis which left legions of expat workers from poor countries without jobs, putting them and their families on the knife-edge of hunger. WFP food assistance was the only thing that allowed the Bakashovs to get through this winter.
18 March 2010
The innovative school meals projects being run by the Russian government in a town north of Moscow will be the model for new WFP-coordinated programmes in Armenia, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
- 14% of Kyrgyz lack food security, UN says Source: Central Asia Online
- “There’s No Such Thing As A Minor Emergency” Source: Reliefweb
- KYRGYZSTAN: The hidden threat of micronutrient deficiency Source: IRIN
- UN: Food Insecurity in Kyrgyzstan to Grow Worse Source: VOA News (USA)
- On the heels of ethnic violence, U.N. fears hunger in Kyrgyzstan Source: CNN
- 3 June 2014 A Day In The Life Of A Kyrgyz Schoolgirl
- 7 February 2014 Improved School Meals In Kyrgyzstan Bring Positive Results
- 12 September 2013 The New Academic Year Brings Hot Meals In Kyrgyz Schools
- 1 July 2013 School Meals Get An Upgrade In Kyrgyz Republic