21 January 2014
VIENTIANE – The United Nations World Food Programme has provided 223 Metric tonnes (MT) of rice donated by the Government of Japan through the APTERR (ASEAN plus Three Emergency Rice Reserve) to assist severely food insecure communities still recovering from the September 2013 floods in the Khongxedone district of Saravane Province.
12 November 2013
VIENTIANE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has donated 24 sets of computers and printers and 80 motorbikes valued at US$162,000 to the Ministry as part of continuing cooperation with the Ministry of Health (MOH) to strengthen the Ministry’s provincial and district staff capacity for programme implementation and monitoring.
17 October 2013
ROME / VIENTIANE –The UN World Food Programme (WFP) marked World Food Day on 16 October by highlighting the power of nutrition to transform individuals, societies and economies, and the need to make it central to all development efforts.
11 October 2013
VIENTIANE – The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF) and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) have entered into a partnership to enhance the livelihood of people living in rural areas of Lao PDR through WFP’s Livelihood Initiatives for Nutrition (LIN) programme.
24 September 2013
VIENTIANE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) to work together to prepare for and respond to natural disasters in Lao PDR.
2 April 2013
VIENTIANE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the French Embassy in Vientiane have just returned from a visit to Luangnamtha province to see nutrition programmes implemented by the Provincial Ministry of Health with the support of WFP.
11 September 2012
VIENTIANE – More than 39,000 people in Khammuane struggling from the long-term impact of tropical storms are now able to bridge the food gap until the next harvest, thanks to a donation of €404,000 (US$502,488) by the European Union's Humanitarian Aid AND Civil Protection department (ECHO) through the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in support of a government-led relief effort.
9 July 2012
VIENTIANE – Today the Government of Japan officially announced a contribution of US$1 million to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to support the Lao Government’s fight against malnutrition.
3 July 2012
VIENTIANE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and WFP Youth Representative Jessica Watson, together with Australian non-profit organisations SchoolAid and Global Development Group (GDG), are joining forces to engage Australian students in the fight against child hunger. All funds will support WFP’s school meals programme in Laos through a Global Development Group project. The joint effort was announced today, 3 July 2012, at a press conference in Brisbane, Australia.
- As Laos prospers, child malnutrition persists Source: IRIN News
- WFP, USA explore new ways of fighting malnutrition in Laos Source: Shanghai Daily/ Xinhua
- Southeast Asia Suffers Worst Floods In More Than A Decade Source: Eurasia Review
- Jessica Watson to call Pittwater home Source: The Manly Daily (Australia)
- Jessica Watson Supports WFP School Meals In Laos Source: Reuters Alertnet
- Do School Feeding Programs Help Children?
- The WFP-World Bank IFPRI Three-Country Studies: Results and Evidence Based Learning from Impact Evaluation Studies School Feeding
- Laos CP 200242 (2012-2015): A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Mapping of flood affected villages in Lao PDR summary report
- 19 November 2013 From Safe, Healthy Pregnancies To Healthy, Happy Children In Laos
- 6 September 2013 Food Assistance For Lao Farmers
- 9 November 2012 Laos: Giving A Healthy Start From The Very First Days Of Life