17 November 2010
International food prices have increased steeply in the last six months, bringing the UN Food and Agriculture (FAO) Food Price Index to its highest level since September 2008. However, recent harvests have been better and global food stocks are higher.
7 April 2010
VIENTIANE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed today two generous contributions, one from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MOFAT) of the Republic of Korea, and the other from famous Korean actor, Mr Jang Dong Gun.
3 October 2009
2 October 2009
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
4 May 2005
Bangkok - The Government of Laos has given WFP\'s outgoing representative in the Southeast Asian country its highest possible award for a foreigner in recognition of his efforts through the agency to assist the hungry poor in Laos over the past five years.
- As Laos prospers, child malnutrition persists Source: IRIN News
- WFP, USA explore new ways of fighting malnutrition in Laos Source: Shanghai Daily/ Xinhua
- Southeast Asia Suffers Worst Floods In More Than A Decade Source: Eurasia Review
- Jessica Watson to call Pittwater home Source: The Manly Daily (Australia)
- Jessica Watson Supports WFP School Meals In Laos Source: Reuters Alertnet
- 19 November 2013 From Safe, Healthy Pregnancies To Healthy, Happy Children In Laos
- 6 September 2013 Food Assistance For Lao Farmers
- 9 November 2012 Laos: Giving A Healthy Start From The Very First Days Of Life