WFP provided school meals to nearly 250,000 children in preschools and schools in Lesotho in 2014 while 190,000 children received two meals a day at school through a Government-led programme. WFP is helping the Government to take control of the national programme by 2018.
International School Meals Day on 5 March recognizes the vital role that school meals play in fighting hunger and promoting children’s development.
- 16 January 2015 This Is Why We Like School In Lesotho
- 31 December 2014 Basotho's Views About WFP
- 5 March 2014 Cash for Assets Changes Lives in Lesotho
- 15 August 2013 WFP Hunger Advocate Yudhika Sujanani Visits Lesotho
- 10 April 2013 Improved Nutrition for Pre-School Children in Lesotho
- 28 February 2013 Food For Work Brings Hope in Lesotho Village
- 30 November 2012 South Africa Crisis (For The Media)
- 26 November 2012 Food Eases The Strain On Lesotho Families Hit By Drought