25 April 2013
A contribution of more than US$2 million by the Government of Japan to WFP will help protect vulnerable people in Lesotho from hunger.
28 May 2012
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) and the Southern African Development Community (SADC) signed a landmark agreement in Botswana on 25 May 2012 to work together to fight food insecurity in the 15 member countries of the SADC region of southern Africa.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
12 October 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed an innovative seasonal on-line fundraising campaign that connects together two different worlds -- small-scale farmers in rural Africa and a global community of food bloggers.
24 September 2007
WFP completes a historic purchase by buying maize directly from a group of small-scale farmers in Lesotho, the first ever direct purchase in that country. The farmer produced a surplus despite the country’s worst drought in 30 years by using conservation farming techniques.
28 August 2007
WFP has bought more than two million tons of food on local markets in Southern Africa in the last five years – the equivalent of providing 12 million hungry people with a full food basket for an entire year.
3 August 2007
WFP has expressed deep concern over erratic weather patterns in southern Africa which have devastated harvest prospects for millions of people, and could spell yet another year of widespread food shortages.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
13 June 2007
Lesotho needs urgent international assistance to avert a major food crisis because of high cereal prices after this year’s main cereal harvest was ravaged by one of the worst droughts in 30 years, says a new report by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the WFP.
- Aid Worker Diaries - Lesotho: “We saw incredible joy when CARE provided help” Source: Reuters Alertnet
- Over 3.5 million people in drought-hit areas of Africa to receive food relief from UN Source: UN News Centre
- Food Security Goes From Bad To Worse Source: IRIN
- LESOTHO: Weather extremes threaten food security Source: IRIN
- LESOTHO: Better coordination could save lives of mothers Source: IRIN
- 10 April 2013 Improved Nutrition for Pre-School Children in Lesotho
- 28 February 2013 Food For Work Brings Hope in Lesotho Village
- 30 November 2012 South Africa Crisis (For The Media)