31 August 2005
Soaring maize prices in several southern African countries are causing WFP serious concern as it struggles to provide food to the most needy people while faced with a huge funding shortfall.
15 August 2005
Johannesburg WFP applauds the United States for making an early and generous donation of more than US$50 million to the agency\'s feeding programmes in southern Africa where more than 10 million people are in urgent need of food assistance.
7 July 2005
Johannesburg - More than 10 million people will need humanitarian assistance in six countries across southern Africa over the coming year following yet another year of poor agricultural production caused by erratic weather together with late, and in some cases unaffordable inputs, such as fertilizer and seeds, two UN agencies and the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) warn.
30 June 2005
United Nations, New York With one African in three malnourished, the prevalence of hunger is an accurate barometer for the level of social instability in the continent, warned WFP Executive Director James T. Morris.
10 April 2005
WFP and FAO welcome an extremely generous 140 million rand (US$21.5 million) contribution from the Republic of South Africa to the agencies’ operations in southern Africa.
11 January 2005
21 October 2004
Brussels - WFP today launched an appeal for US$404 million to support a monthly average of 1.5 million people in five southern African countries ravaged by the "triple threat" of food shortages, high HIV/AIDS rates and weakened capacity for governance.
30 July 2004
Maseru WFP expresses gratitude to the Government of Japan for a large donation worth 5.7 million Loti (JPY100 million or US$890,000) which has been used to buy food aid in the Kingdom of Lesotho.
3 April 2004
Maseru - Hundreds of thousands of people in Lesotho will require international assistance for a third consecutive year due to the combined impact of another devastating drought and the worsening HIV/AIDS epidemic, warned James T. Morris, the UN Secretary-General\'s Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa.
- WFP Involves Community In Development Source: Lesotho News Agency
- 2014 State of the Nation Address By His Excellency Jacob G Zuma, President of the Republic of South Africa Source: Government of South Africa
- May 27, 2014 Address by Republic of South Africa President Jacob Zuma Source: Republic of South Africa
- SA sends 1st batch of maize to crisis hit Lesotho Source: News24
- A Beacon of Hope Source: Skyways Magazine
- 5 March 2014 Cash for Assets Changes Lives in Lesotho
- 15 August 2013 WFP Hunger Advocate Yudhika Sujanani Visits Lesotho