10 April 2005
WFP and FAO welcome an extremely generous 140 million rand (US$21.5 million) contribution from the Republic of South Africa to the agencies’ operations in southern Africa.
11 January 2005
21 October 2004
Brussels - WFP today launched an appeal for US$404 million to support a monthly average of 1.5 million people in five southern African countries ravaged by the "triple threat" of food shortages, high HIV/AIDS rates and weakened capacity for governance.
30 July 2004
Maseru WFP expresses gratitude to the Government of Japan for a large donation worth 5.7 million Loti (JPY100 million or US$890,000) which has been used to buy food aid in the Kingdom of Lesotho.
3 April 2004
Maseru - Hundreds of thousands of people in Lesotho will require international assistance for a third consecutive year due to the combined impact of another devastating drought and the worsening HIV/AIDS epidemic, warned James T. Morris, the UN Secretary-General\'s Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa.
- Aid Worker Diaries - Lesotho: “We saw incredible joy when CARE provided help” Source: Reuters Alertnet
- Over 3.5 million people in drought-hit areas of Africa to receive food relief from UN Source: UN News Centre
- Food Security Goes From Bad To Worse Source: IRIN
- LESOTHO: Weather extremes threaten food security Source: IRIN
- LESOTHO: Better coordination could save lives of mothers Source: IRIN
- 10 April 2013 Improved Nutrition for Pre-School Children in Lesotho
- 28 February 2013 Food For Work Brings Hope in Lesotho Village
- 30 November 2012 South Africa Crisis (For The Media)