27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
6 July 2007
Ten countries where violence persists and populations live in fear. People in Hunger's Global Hotspots don't know what tomorrow will bring and they often have to rely on WFP for their next meal.
4 July 2007
In regions wracked by violence or submerged by floods, the first emergency is how to deliver enough food as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here are some of the crises counted among WFP's "global hotspots".
29 June 2006
HIV/AIDS is aggravating chronic hunger in southern Africa and despite better harvests across the region, more than three million people will remain short of basic food supplies through to December.
13 March 2006
22 December 2005
While much of the rest of the world feasts over the holiday season, more than nine million southern Africans face an uncertain future in 2006 because WFP lacks the funding to deliver enough food aid to the hungriest in the region.
5 September 2005
- Aid Worker Diaries - Lesotho: “We saw incredible joy when CARE provided help” Source: Reuters Alertnet
- Over 3.5 million people in drought-hit areas of Africa to receive food relief from UN Source: UN News Centre
- Food Security Goes From Bad To Worse Source: IRIN
- LESOTHO: Weather extremes threaten food security Source: IRIN
- LESOTHO: Better coordination could save lives of mothers Source: IRIN
- 10 April 2013 Improved Nutrition for Pre-School Children in Lesotho
- 28 February 2013 Food For Work Brings Hope in Lesotho Village
- 30 November 2012 South Africa Crisis (For The Media)