10 November 2014
BERLIN/ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has received €24 million (more than US$ 30 million) from the government of Germany to support the increasing need for food assistance to more than one million people affected by the Ebola virus epidemic.
20 October 2014
BEIJING - The Government of the People’s Republic of China has contributed US$6 million to the United Nations World Food Programme’s (WFP) emergency operation to assist 1 .3 million people impacted by the Ebola virus outbreak in the three most-affected countries – Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
15 October 2014
DAKAR/ROME – Logistical support to the global Ebola response is in high gear – with the latest supply flight en route today from Italy to Liberia – as the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) reported reaching more than 530,000 people with food assistance in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
3 October 2014
DAKAR/GENEVA – As of today, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has provided food assistance to more than 430,000 people affected by the Ebola crisis in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. In support of a unified response under the UN Mission for Ebola Emergency Response (UNMEER), WFP is ramping up services to the whole humanitarian effort.
2 September 2014
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food programme (WFP) is stepping up assistance to people impacted by Ebola in the three most-affected countries – Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone – and increasing logistical support to the whole humanitarian community fighting the spread of the virus.
22 October 2013
WASHINGTON – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has been awarded US$81 million in food commodities from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to support meals in the classroom for children in the developing world.
5 July 2013
Monrovia – The Vice President of Liberia, H.E. Ambassador Joseph N. Boakai, launched the 2012 Comprehensive Food Security and Nutrition Survey (CFSNS) on 28 June at Paynesville City Hall, near the capital Monrovia. The launch ceremony was hosted by the Ministry of Agriculture and was attended by representatives from the Liberian Government, donor organizations, UN Mission in Liberia, UN agencies, INGOs, NGOs and media organizations.
16 December 2011
“We are donating these items in preparation for the gradual handover of the school meals programme to the Ministry of Education,” said WFP Liberia Country Director Getachew Diriba at the handover ceremony held at the Ministry and attended by Minister of Education Dr. E. Othelo Gongar.
12 April 2011
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is planning airlifts in the coming days to provide life-saving food assistance to tens of thousands of internally displaced people in Côte d’Ivoire and Ivorian refugees in neighbouring Liberia.
11 March 2011
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said today it will scale up its operations to provide food to escalating numbers of people fleeing from violence in Côte d’Ivoire.
- One Planet: Bananas and the global food chain Source: BBC
- The Liberian Dialogue: WFP gives “ownership” to education ministry: other partners to follow Source: The Liberian Dialogue
- LIBERIA-COTE D'IVOIRE: Refugees look for long-term solutions Source: IRIN
- Liberia's President Sirleaf: 'We've made progress but there's much more to do' Source: The Guardian
- Liberia: 'Much More to Do', Says Johnson Sirleaf Source: All Africa
- Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone - Special mVAM Regional Bulletin #2: In spite of seasonal declines, negative coping remains high in areas exposed to EVD, December 2014
- Seasonal Monitor
- Impact of West Africa Ebola Outbreak on Food Security and Staple Food Prices
- WFP West Africa Ebola Outbreak Situation Report #16, 10 December 2014
- 17 December 2014 Ebola Leaves Hundreds of Thousands Facing Hunger (For the Media)
- 24 November 2014 Liberia: Inside A Food Distribution